The online racing simulator
invisible rims and lag
(4 posts, started )
invisible rims and lag
i just formatted my computer and now when i go to play lfs the wheels are invisible, i can only see the tyres. I just recently upgraded my motherboard and graphics card mabye this has something to do with it?? the card is a radeon 9800XT, but because i formatted i didnt think i would have any problems...

anyone else had the same problem?? and i also have another problem.. i have a huge amount of lag on both multiplayer and single race modes. i should'nt have any lag with my 2 mega bits per second connection or my 9800XT which runs at 8x with my new m/b. i didnt have any lag what so ever with my old GeForce 2 mx 440.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanx.
vtec_racer258
Had the same "error", because I "maxed out" all details... at least seemingly.

Solution: in graphic options, there are several points where you can chose "none", "mirror", "all" (have it german, so thats a guess). These switches do NOT improve visual quality, but reduce it. So you get the best graphics (and wheels, not rims :P) when you set them to "none".

Concerning the lag, I do not know... try installing the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI (without control panel = smaller download, more fps, and still every setting available in sytsem settings).
thanx for the fast reply :P i can now see the wheels!! but i still have the funny lag problem. Thanx heaps!
#4 - Gunn
Try the latest driver for your card. If that doesn't work try an older driver.

invisible rims and lag
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG