The online racing simulator
LFS "demo" users
(171 posts, closed, started )
Quote from justasimfan :They are 3d studio files and all you have to do is save/convert them to dds format something that can be easily done with a converter...

You just lost the argument...
Quote from lillsnortan :plz came in to the server plz

Sorry dude, but nobody cares. This is the wrong place to spam your server.

Quote from justasimfan :Large companies shed a shitload of money to make a game.(For example killzone 2 costed around $ 50.000.000 .

Indy developers do not have that much amount of money.But spending $1000-$2000 for those cars are literary a steal.

Large companies spend a large portion of the cost on their employees, and are you out of your mind?!?!?!!?!? The developers made most of the car models THEMSELVES, and you are saying spending $1000-$2000 on some god d@mn car models is A STEAL!?!?!?!

Why the hell SHOULD they spend that much money for car models? There are already 20 cars in the game to begin with! I ask again, why are you making bogus assumptions about what the developers can afford?

I don't understand how you think adding more car models is going to make this a more enjoyable or better selling game. As much as I like this game, there are a sh!t load of other problems that can and should be fixed if the trio decide to go open source. I don't get why you are making such a big fuss over the car models.

Quote from justasimfan :And for older computer you can simply decrease the polygon quantity and save the car on another dds file.Depending of the quality option for cars chosen in the option the game could use a low -medium or high polygon number model.And about glitches -there are none.Those models are full my friend...Glitches occur when models are unfinished and have wrong joints,textures that do not much or unfinished interiors.Those cars are PERFECTLY MODELED SO there is no fear for a single glitch !

.... Have you ever tried decreasing the polygon of a Freeform Mesh Object? automatic polygon pruning in 3d programs either DON'T WORK, or they leave your object looking like a six-sided turd! Most of the wire frame ends up having to be pruned manually, and there is no bigger pain in the ass than buying an object from sites like renderosity.com, and having to erase most of it's mesh so that it can actually RUN in a game. It is a f***ing nightmare to have to do that. If the Devs actually DID waste their money on those models, there is no way in hell those cars are going to run well on any decent computer, let alone laptops that only run DirectX8.1.

Unfinished polygons and adding the wrong texture to an object has literally NOTHING to do with a what causes a glitch! Glitches are caused by framebuffer issues, or the code. There are plenty of games (GTA: San Andreas for PC being an outstanding example) that half-ass their polygon and texture design that don't f**k up the game.

If you claim that there are people here that would make car models for free, why even bother suggesting they spend $1000 on some car models? I ASK AGAIN, why do you keep making bullsh!t assumptions about what the developers can afford?? $1000 to $2000 for CAR DESIGNS is not exactly a drop in the bucket for sh!t sake!
Well i think this is one of my longer threads

nice to see some opinions

just got my g27 from logitech as my g25 broke

nice to see some names i know

.... anyway back to topic

[joke]
flame away
[/joke]

posted this from my phone so sorry if it came out wrong
All these font colors and sizes... Its amazing...

But what was the discussion.. Car models? Huh?

What has that got to do with 'demo' users..
Quote from cargame.nl :All these font colors and sizes... Its amazing...

But what was the discussion.. Car models? Huh?

It's a RAINBOW Of Emotion
Anyway.. I don't know, I thought once he was talking about demo cars and that demo needed more cars.. Then I was like.. Maybe he's talking about s2 when he doesn't have it..

I don't get the discussion, So I'm just going to leave it alone and never come back, Honestly, I'm feeling a in before the lock thread..

Quote from cargame.nl :All these font colors and sizes... Its amazing...

I know, Right?

Quote from cargame.nl :But what was the discussion.. Car models? Huh?

I have no Idea.

Anywho, Demo + more restrictions = bad.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Okay, First, Learn how to spell my name TehPaws3D How in hell did you get Tech?

Second, If it's so easy, To create these car models, Where is your proof? I"m getting slightly pissed off with you, It's not like you can slap a car Which remind you was RENDERED. Into a game, And put tires on it and say "Off yeh go!?" No, It doesn't work that way, You have to make sure it works WITH THE PHYSICS And then you have to make all the setup options, And make sure it handles to "Sim" reality.

Third, The cars in game do not run off DDS, They run off VOB. Having two files would be most likely carnage in the files / engine of LFS.

WELL TEHPAWS3D first calm down.Second you are wrong on many many things.

Actually as i said before YES IT IS SO EASY.I am not talking making new physics for the existing cars-they are perfect.
All i say is replace the low poly .dds (direct draw surface ) of the existing cars with those super high polygon masterpieces.

Instead accusing somebody for trying his best to help the game make some study and check the site i keep talking about.LFSMODS.There are there many cars(not perfect by any means of imagination) that you simply replace the original dds files for the model of the body and the dds for the interiors.

Physics/tires/suspensions all these are not been touched by anybody!

Now you get it man ? Physics will stay (for the existing cars) untounched.

Only the model of the car will be replaced with those masterpieces models.

Also have in mind if the contest i keep ranting about was actually made eventually users could make models almost if not as good.

Quote from TehPaws3D :
Forth, You are a DEMO, User, Meaning you don't know what 80% of the cars are and 93% of the tracks! If you want to support the devs and then maybe, Just maybe. They would put your super terrific high car models in the game. And my computer, Nvidia 8400 GS with 2.20 GHZ could manage 1,000,000 polygons moving at 50 MPH in a full field, You're talking about, Wait for it. 32,000,000 + Track Polygons! That's over 20 million! That's out of your mind! Plus the physics calculations!

That's not saying all computers can't do this, But i'm not one for spending 1000 - 2000$ just to play LFS, Hell no.

And
lillsnortan ..? What are you talking about?

By your tone you are telling me that if someone is a demo user he must go to hell or suffer a simiral terrible fate ?
But now really i have been playing Lfs from time to time for years on my brothers sim rig.Buying a second license and not be able to play it properly...(with a g25 and having a chassis with a car chair...) is not the same.
I did make this account through because i wanted to speak about a couple of things.I see that what was a few years back years ahead of its time it is slowly but steadily declining.Its not that the devs do not try-actually for 3 people to come so far is nothing sort of a feat by itself.

But devs nowdays if they don't have enough money and resourses try to think outside the "box " for example as isi did with rfactor by having user made content.
Another way is to "buy" some models and track objects and have your development time reduced to a third of the time it will take you to make all those stuff yourself.

Also the above way is incredibly "cheap" .To hire a modeler and texturer and make those cars he would have to work almost for a year and ask 20-$25000 for his work....You can buy those models from the marketplace and use them for $1000-2000 and that is a steal my friends.

Think it this way for $1000-2000 the devs can have all the cars updated and having months or even years of work immediately completed.

Also about the effect on perfomance.Those models even through they are 500.000-1.000.000 polygons when saved to other formats like dds they can have the polygons reduced.So you can change in the game option from low (wich will have low polys models of those cars with a couple of thousand polys only 5000-10.000) a medium choice with 50000-100.000 and a high choice with full polygon numbers.

And a last thing.Not wanting to sound like a jerk but your computer is prehistoric.A 8400 is not good even to type worlds...! As i said earlier for a $1000 you can find on ebay gaming i7's computers.....

And even if you are that tight budgeted spending $1000 for something that will last you at least another 3-4 years are peanuts.

So stop whining (unless you are a 13 year old waiting for his weekly pocketmoney ....But even in that case try to find a...job )
Quote from justasimfan :
So stop whining (unless you are a 13 year old waiting for his weekly pocketmoney ....But even in that case try to find a...job )

You have a very big mouth for a demo user. When do you get a job to buy a S2 license?

You talk in dollars all the time, isn't it time to change your flag?
Quote from cargame.nl :You have a very big mouth for a demo user. When do you get a job to buy a S2 license?

You also have pretty big mouth, I Fly Canada , Home of the DART team...Home of Lester Pearson
Winner of the Noble Peace Prize...what did your leader do?

Oh That's right..

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009 ... n-trial-january-2010.html

Keep up the good work.
What the?

Suddenly we switch to politics? What has that got to do with LFS?

You are not referring to a leader anyway. Be better informed before you get yourself involved in foreign politics.

Now back to this thread where a demo user is saying to a S2 licensed racer that he is a 13 year old whiner waiting on pocket money... (fail)
Quote from AtomAnt :You also have pretty big mouth, I Fly Canada , Home of the DART team...Home of Lester Pearson

Oh That's right..

What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Quote from justasimfan :Actually as i said before YES IT IS SO EASY.I am not talking making new physics for the existing cars-they are perfect.
All i say is replace the low poly .dds (direct draw surface ) of the existing cars with those super high polygon masterpieces.

WHY?

Quote from justasimfan :Instead accusing somebody for trying his best to help the game make some study and check the site i keep talking about.LFSMODS.There are there many cars(not perfect by any means of imagination) that you simply replace the original dds files for the model of the body and the dds for the interiors.

Why?

Quote from justasimfan :Physics/tires/suspensions all these are not been touched by anybody!

Now you get it man ? Physics will stay (for the existing cars) untounched.

Only the model of the car will be replaced with those masterpieces models.

For what?

Quote from justasimfan :By your tone you are telling me that if someone is a demo user he must go to hell or suffer a simiral terrible fate ?

Okay, you just pulled that comparison right out of your @ss. This is hilarious.

Quote from justasimfan :But devs nowdays if they don't have enough money and resourses try to think outside the "box " for example as isi did with rfactor by having user made content.

I like that Idea, to be honest. I just don't like the Idea of screwing with cars that already exist, and look just fine the way they are.
Quote from justasimfan :
You can buy those models from the marketplace and use them for $1000-2000 and that is a steal my friends.

.... There is no way in hell you can be serious. I could pay my rent for an entire month for around $1000. Again, if you want user made content, WHY are you suggesting the developers buy sh!t?

Quote from justasimfan :Think it this way for $1000-2000 the devs can have all the cars updated and having months or even years of work immediately completed.

Again I ask, why are you making bullsh!t assumptions about what the developers can afford?? why are you suggesting the developers pay that much money for something they already made??

Quote from justasimfan :Also about the effect on perfomance.Those models even through they are 500.000-1.000.000 polygons when saved to other formats like dds they can have the polygons reduced.So you can change in the game option from low (wich will have low polys models of those cars with a couple of thousand polys only 5000-10.000) a medium choice with 50000-100.000 and a high choice with full polygon numbers.

Quote from ATiRAGEPRO :... Have you ever tried decreasing the polygon of a Freeform Mesh Object? automatic polygon pruning in 3d programs either DON'T WORK, or they leave your object looking like a six-sided turd! Most of the wire frame ends up having to be pruned manually, and there is no bigger pain in the ass than buying an object from sites like renderosity.com, and having to erase most of it's mesh so that it can actually RUN in a game. It is a f***ing nightmare to have to do that. If the Devs actually DID waste their money on those models, there is no way in hell those cars are going to run well on any decent computer, let alone laptops that only run DirectX8.1.

Oh my god, dude. You cannot be serious.
You know what? I think someone needs to PM an active moderator and ask him/her to move this arguement to a thread called "LFS Open-source" in the Suggestions forum or something.

Just doesn't seem like this debate belongs here.
Quote from cargame.nl :You have a very big mouth for a demo user. When do you get a job to buy a S2 license?

Read my whole article man before critisize....I don't want to buy another s2 license as for the moment i would have to play with a shitty wheel...(when i want i can with a cockpit with a car chair and a g25 wheel...)

Those hate for demo users come from within ? Burn the demo users hehheh ?

And i talk in dollars because that is the currency everyone on internet is using.Sure we have the pound and the euro but when i buy something from the net i always tend to pay with dollars.And even there is ebay.co.uk you can find almost nothing of worth there.Were in the normal ebay you can find dirt cheap many things(like computers and computer parts/peripherals) even with the shipping.

When you can buy a entry level(but 1366fsb !! ) i7 with a decent video card like a gtx285 or a 5 series ati and 3-6 gb of ddr3 memory at around $1000 that is a still my friends.I remember when the i7 was released even the entry level cpu's(1156fsb) where costing upwards of $1000 each....
Or lets talk about graphics cards a few years ago a gtx8800 ultra costed $1000 each...I am a gamer for almost 20 years and you cannot imagine(the youngest of you) how expensive high end gaming was back in the days...

I still remember the orchid righteus 3d(my first 3d card!! ) and my twin 3dfx voodoo 2 12mb! cards i worked for months to acquire !!

But nowdays even if you are in the lowest economic class if you work you can easily buy at least a decent computer.So instead fighting in the forums go and get a part time job.
Stunning. This thread went from weird to worse and is filled with incredible amounts of nescience. You make yourself look stupid when arguing about things you don't even have a faint grasp on the facts.

Also, I think the demo is perfectly fine as it is, it still has the same content when I started playing years back (apart from remarkable physics updates of course!), it's ongoing fun and I appreciate that it doesn't slap you "BUY ME, YOU LITTLE PRICK!" splash screens in your face before playing, while playing and even after playing all over the place. Though you miss so much more with a full license, I'm not certain that I'm satisfied with the development over the past few years and the future anymore. Iirc I even pre-ordered my S2 license back then because the game was awesome fun and I was very satisfied at the time :P

Though I'd love some modifications, especially new tracks. For example tracks heavily inspired (not copied *cough*) by Trial Mountain, SS R5 or Grand Valley from Gran Turismo 1 ... I do love those and actually, after playing some GT2 again, I'm craving for it but it may just remain wishful thinking.

Once upon a time Scawen wrote that there may be tools for modding when S2 is "done" but alas... S2 is in alpha for ages and as many other old players, I don't know what to believe and what to expect for the future, maybe they'll add the Sicrocco in a year or two *shrugs* :P
Quote from AtomAnt :You also have pretty big mouth, I Fly Canada , Home of the DART team...Home of Lester Pearson

Oh That's right..

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009 ... n-trial-january-2010.html

Keep up the good work.

Tell me that this a joke !! Oh God...I cannot believe that in 2010 and the whole world still is so messed up about religion....I remember when i studied there were people from all over europe and we got along just fine.Put some religion in the mix and everybody starts killing in the name of ...god...And "human rights" are all warped up lately.They sent you to jail if you dare speak about something BUT they have no problem to pay immigrants thousands every month for comming illegaly in a country yet the people that were born in a country get starving pensions and are out of work(where immigrands get thousands of euros every month by goverments to keep them behaving +plus they work for half the salary's people normally work for so half of europe's citizens are out of work...)

So the world is #$% up....
And sorry for repeating another thread but here are the cars i talk so much about (If devs could make a contest for making the best models there would be no reason for them to buy them but they are afraid) :

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/Vehicle/Car

-There are dozens of incredibly amazing models complete with interiors.You can buy them for very logical prices(for 100-150 euros each but have in mind their quality gives a run for their money even to the "premium Gt5" models....)

-Also ALL real cars featured in lfs are there in mind boggling details
some examples :
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...o-model/488135

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...als-car/457776

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/228091

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/551792

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/554840

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/544691

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/530295

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPrevie....cfm/ID/532862

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-max-rx7/485495

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...a-supra/428586

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...d-model/249217
Quote from John Hilton :Well i think this is one of my longer threads

Yeah! Well, I sort of lost track long ago... But it was a good intention... Planning a new one?
Quote from EQ Worry :Yeah! Well, I sort of lost track long ago... But it was a good intention... Planning a new one?

lol its even in the wrong section now???? WTF? is it a improvement suggestion to make the demo users pay??
Hehe, actually, I think there were ideas that seem good to me. From don't repair what is not broken (slight majority, it seems), through extend demo by reversed BL tracks (very good idea, mine ), to allow creation of cars and tracks and choose the best to be officially included. Otherwise... uhm...
Quote from justasimfan :But now really i have been playing Lfs from time to time for years on my brothers sim rig.Buying a second license and not be able to play it properly...(with a g25 and having a chassis with a car chair...) is not the same.

who's your brother?
hm ok, closing this thread as it seems to get out of hand.

I wrote this some time ago : we have nothing against demo racers. I think we made that clear by not having a time limit on the demo. On the other hand we do think that if people want more content, then they should pay for it. Afterall, if noone paid, we wouldn't be here right now. We'd have to get jobs elsewhere.
As for 'how much free content should there be?', well this has been discussed a long time ago and we think 3 cars, 2 track configs, free skin downloads, use of most our online services, all for free for as long as you want is totally decent. Not too little, not too much. There'll be enough people who do not agree with that of course, but that's not really our problem.

A thread like this is therefore quite useless and as has been proven will stir up some emotion. Why that happens .. I don't really know. It's strange to see people row about the contents of a product and even go completely off topic eventually, shouting at each other, trying to prove some point that I think everyone misses.

Time for a deep breath perhaps and realise there are more important things to life?
This thread is closed

LFS "demo" users
(171 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG