The online racing simulator
Rubber buildup on braking and sliding zones?
I just noticed when I reinstalled the game that the track was fully clean and cuz I was looking for the rubber on the FE Gold where you go for the long straight then left and couldnt find any rubber and was abit confused. After some Laps I seen it again so does it really build up rubber where you drive and slide or is it a generic thing?l

How to get rid of all the rubber then?

Also what is the HAZE effect?
You should have probably posted this in the beginner forum.

The haze effect produces a slight fog, more noticeable in cloudy conditions. I'm not sure which rubber buildup you mean - you can disable the skidmarks by setting "Disable rubber: All" in the graphics options, and you can disable the more "general" rubber buildup by setting "Update path: off" in the misc options.
#3 - bbman
It's quite fun "reading" the skidmarks though...
Actually I dont want to disable it just clean the track from time to time . How should I go about this?
the game will take off 'old' skidmarks as the race progresses. (I think).

But why you would want to take them off as they give you so much information as to how others are driving and what is happening on the track is beyond me.
The amazing thing about this effect is that it is affecting by the actual amount of rubber being used up. The last few F1 races I've been amazed by how dark the line gets, much much darker than I've ever seen it before.
Quote from Funnybear :the game will take off 'old' skidmarks as the race progresses. (I think).

But why you would want to take them off as they give you so much information as to how others are driving and what is happening on the track is beyond me.

Cuz the whole corners are black now .
Yep . . .thats what happens . . .
go to a online race with a good 10 ppl at the north circuit. Take a look at turn two after a few laps if u wanna see rubber.
Quote from colcob :The amazing thing about this effect is that it is affecting by the actual amount of rubber being used up. The last few F1 races I've been amazed by how dark the line gets, much much darker than I've ever seen it before.

Same here - with the road cars it would take a long, long time for the darker racing line to build up to a noticeable level, and I noticed all the tracks get cleaned when the patch is installed. But with the size of the BF1's tyres and the sheer energy being created and dissipated, the rubber is being laid down much faster.
post a screenie to show us and the newbies.... iv never really noticed the rubber being put down that much.. i have done 40 lap league races and never really noticed the line...

i know you can change it in one of the file in the lfs folder.. but i havent played with that yet!..

mad
Quote :the game will take off 'old' skidmarks as the race progresses. (I think).

It is reset when a race or qualifying session starts, but as far as I can tell any rubber that goes down then stays down for the rest of the session - which is actually a very impressive technical achievement from a programming point of view.
Quote from Becky Rose :It is reset when a race or qualifying session starts, but as far as I can tell any rubber that goes down then stays down for the rest of the session - which is actually a very impressive technical achievement from a programming point of view.

Erm no it isnt reset. Once its there its there. I just wanted to know if it will go away on its own when I will stop racing this track and start another or if there is a way to clean the track. I just love to play with such detailed stuff.
Also dont get me wrong. I love this feature and if its up to me it can get even more rubier .

Also whats up with my first post. The smiley is linked to my teams homepage. How could this happen lol? I never used a link but a direct smiley from this forum just like above.
Quote from Madman_CZ :post a screenie to show us and the newbies.... iv never really noticed the rubber being put down that much.. i have done 40 lap league races and never really noticed the line...

i know you can change it in one of the file in the lfs folder.. but i havent played with that yet!..

mad

Here you go. http://freeweb.siol.net/denisbr5/rubber.jpg
Ah now I get it. No I'm not talking about tyre skid marks. The black lines when you slide but about the darker getting track like on the picture above, the race line
personaly i ove the rubber now (kinky )

if you watch a replay and use the helicopter view (what ever proper name is for it) you can see the line and then how close (or far ) you or someone else are from it.
The racing line don't go nowhere. It's there and will never go away . . . . It's part of the track design.
Quote from Sawyer :Here you go. http://freeweb.siol.net/denisbr5/rubber.jpg

thanks for that.. ive never seen the lines that dark on my computer... what is the name of the file again which you can edit to make the line darker and appear quicker? my memory fails me
Its called the bf1 . Seriously the rubber lines on all my regular tracks are a lot darker then they ever where in Q, just because of using the bf1 :S
#20 - vari
Quote from Madman_CZ :thanks for that.. ive never seen the lines that dark on my computer... what is the name of the file again which you can edit to make the line darker and appear quicker? my memory fails me

cfg.txt
Rubber Lay 1.00
Rubber Dark 1.80

Quote from Funnybear :The racing line don't go nowhere. It's there and will never go away . . . . It's part of the track design.

nah
Attached images
Image1.gif
Quote from Madman_CZ :thanks for that.. ive never seen the lines that dark on my computer... what is the name of the file again which you can edit to make the line darker and appear quicker? my memory fails me

I didnt edit that line at all so wouldnt know. Its all from racing the FOX on this track for whole 3 days lol and yeah I have set it on for all cars. Was sure it has something to do with upload my/theres position "netcode" to all players at the same time lol.
Quote from vari :cfg.txt
Rubber Lay 1.00
Rubber Dark 1.80

nah

cheers Vari, justa quick question about your attachment. When its set on "user car" only your car will deposit the rubber and make the line appear right? where as "all cars" setting that includes all ai and online??
#23 - vari
Yes, I think it's like that.
Yeah the 'groove' varies depend on where you drive, and how many other cars drive in the same places... It's not a cheap selling tactic like the awful StaticTrack they had in GTR (where the 'groove' is always on the same line). The downside of LFS is that the change of grip isn't yet modelled. But I've no doubt it will be (not that you'll tell in most cars tbh)
Yeah however the question was. Is there a way to clear the track fully of the rubber without reinstalling the game and wasting a unlock?
Not disabling this option but cleaning the track

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG