The online racing simulator
[possibley] another GTX 295 issue. pls help guys
1st of all here is my system:

PSU: HEC cougar 700W
mobo: Asrock m3a785gm-LE/128M
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE unlocked to X4 B55
GPU: GeForce GTX 295
RAM: 2x2gb Team Elite 1333 ddr3 (dual channel)

I just had this system 3 weeks ago.. I'm sorry but I'm still a newbie here..

Here's my situation:
I've been playing World Of Warcraft set to high video settings and there are times that the screen would go black.. sometimes it freezes for a short time and then go black.. this happens often, with different time intervals. I tried lowering the video settings but it still freezes but now less frequently. I also updated the driver of GTX 295 with the latest driver and I also set the "single-gpu performance" in the nvidia control panel.. it helps a little.. but still the problem is there.

Now, my other games is experiencing that crashes also.. specifically Splinter Cell Conviction.. and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2...

Can someone help me pls?
Heat could be a problem. Go into your drivers and see what temps you are running whilst playing games!
#3 - amp88
Have you stress-tested the CPU and RAM for stability?
Quote from amp88 :Have you stress-tested the CPU and RAM for stability?

I've stress-tested the CPU using Orthos (latest version I searched online was made on 2004) for 15 minutes... and OCCT using CPU: OCCT (1hr) and CPU: Linpack (1hr)

No problems detected with those tests.. Do you think my tests are sufficient?

As for the RAM... I didn'te stress-tested it.. I dunno how.. what can you recommend me?
#5 - amp88
Quote from razielonline :As for the RAM... I didn'te stress-tested it.. I dunno how.. what can you recommend me?

Memtest86+. You can download from here. If you have a spare USB flash drive (that you don't mind being formatted!) and your machine can boot from a USB drive you can run the test directly from USB (choose the "Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7)" link). Otherwise download the Bootable ISO version and burn to CD (using Nero or similar image burning software). Once you've done either of those leave the USB drive connected to the machine or the CD in the CD drive and restart your machine. When you reboot enter the BIOS menu (usually by pressing the DEL key after POST) and make sure the boot device priorities are such that the USB drive or CD drive is before the hard drive your OS(s) are installed on. Once you've sorted that, carry on booting and you should be automatically taken into the Memtest screen and the test will start. You're looking for any errors displayed on the screen. Leave the test running for a few hours (12-24 is generally recommended, but if you don't get errors after a couple of hours that's generally a good sign), if you can leave it overnight.

Quote from razielonline :I've stress-tested the CPU using Orthos (latest version I searched online was made on 2004) for 15 minutes... and OCCT using CPU: OCCT (1hr) and CPU: Linpack (1hr)

No problems detected with those tests.. Do you think my tests are sufficient?

You can download the latest (I believe) version of Prime95 from here. For 32-bit OS it's currently p95v259.zip, for 64-bit OS it's currently p64v259.zip. That should stress all 4 of your cores nicely. If you can, leave it running for a few hours (preferably overnight like the RAM).

Note: There may be more details in this post than you need (you probably, for example, know how to enter the BIOS successfully), but anyone who reads this thread may not have that level of experience.

Good luck

[possibley] another GTX 295 issue. pls help guys
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG