LsC keeps losing connections
(19 posts, started )
Every single time I got on LsC today, I would drive a little, then I would "lose connection to host". At first I figured it was only a temopary server problem, but now it's done it ten times. Now I can't get on. Can someone please help me out?!?! I asked on the chat for the first few seconds before I lost connection but no one would answer. I would apprieciate any help at all!

Oh, I forgot to mention, it worked fine last night. I played on the server for a very long time with almost no problems.
Maybe they changed hosts recently? How high is the ping to the servers in the online host list?
I had a similar problem (but with all servers that were available to join). Dont remember how i fixed it. Tryed restarting your router? The problem is most likely on your side.
#4 - PoVo
This is probably caused from Ping, since you are in the USA, and LsC is hosted in the UK (some reason the hoster's ping is high to USA)

But you should check the ping, if not, reboot PC, Modem, Router etc.

For me i used to have a problem, when i downloaded a lot of torrents (legal) my internet would dissapear, then i would have to reboot router, and i would have my connection back
Thanks guys. I will try to re-boot when I get home and check if that works. Ping is 291.....not sure how that is.
West Coast should be 80 - 120 ms
East Coast around 160 ms

Almost 300 ms are Australia values but it still should work, especially @cruise servers.

Lost connection occurs however mostly because of packet loss (dropped frames). Might be the case here and maybe is just a temporary problem with your Internet Service Provider.

Or it's really a problem at server side. Don't know where this cruise server is hosted.
Now I can drive for about 2 minutes before a lost connection. It's longer than this morning, but still very aggervating. Just wondering what it is
Now it's back to where it was. Lets me connect for a few seconds....then loses connection. :gnasher: I went to there website, and it's not too much help on lost connections or troubleshooting. I've rebooted, reconnected, and rejoined, but it still seems to be a no-go.
Its hosted at High Availability Hosting Limited with IP address 188.94.73.87

If I do a global ping test it looks good with no packet loss

What do you get as "loss" end result when you do a ping 188.94.73.87 -t in a cmd box (type cmd in Windows start menu)?

Ctrl-c to abort otherwise it will go on forever. 30 till 50 samples will be good.
Yeah you'll have to explain to me how to do that. I'm no computer wiz. In fact, I barely know anything at all. Not even sure what ping is.
Quote from EricB271 : Yeah you'll have to explain to me how to do that. I'm no computer wiz. In fact, I barely know anything at all. Not even sure what ping is.

Hit the Windows key + R. Type cmd in the window that opens and click OK.

In the window with the black background that now opens, type ping 188.94.73.87 -t as cargame said.
Thanks for explaining. I got a 0% loss. I guess that's good?

I don't think it's on my end however, because I've talked to about 4 other people who lose connection only on that particular server.
I noticed you was on Oval Junkies yesterday.. That was okay?

Probably not on your end then.
#14 - PoVo
Yeah, like I said, UKDEDIGAMERS, has a bad connection to the USA, I don't particularly know why, but it is definitely not on your end, if you have no packet loss when you ping the IP.

Anyway, I hope UKDEDIGAMERS solve this issue as soon as possible.
Correct, Oval Junkies was fine. As is most all other servers.

Even LsC seems to work ok here around 10:00pm or later.

I hope they clear up the problem though, cause I sure do like the server's features!
Bringing kids to kindergarten and delivering pizza's?
That.....AND I like the whole saving up money, and buying cars, etc. It's just a cool server. And I can't connect to it until midnight.
Quote from EricB271 : That.....AND I like the whole saving up money, and buying cars, etc. It's just a cool server. And I can't connect to it until midnight.

Well there are *other* cool servers that you can connect to and do the stuff you mentioned, until midnight
#19 - PoVo
Quote from Silverracer :Well there are *other* cool servers that you can connect to and do the stuff you mentioned, until midnight

True that, LTC rocks! (when I like revenge)

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG