The online racing simulator
Latest patch setups
(6 posts, started )
Latest patch setups
Really got back into LFS since the latest patch. Whats the experts view, does the latest patch require a major re-think on setups or should the old ones be close?
higher tyre pressures and low noses on the df cars should do the trick for a base setup
My old sets understeer far too much now. They need to be setup much more aggresively than before. Specifics are a bit too hard to tell at this early stage (I've been in the pub all weekend so haven't done much LFSing). No doubt I will update my guide in a couple of weeks once I've learnt and want to spend some time typing.
I've been getting nothing but savage understeer from the FXO since the patch. I'm no expert on setting cars up (I usually leech sets off the internet ).

What's the best way to get rid of it. I've tried softening the front suspension and tyres, and reducing the ride height reduction. All to nil effect so far.

Of course, the other reason may be the new physics.
#5 - Vain
@FXO:
Try a LSD-diff. The locked diff doesn't work well anymore.

Vain
Ok I couldn't do any meaningfull practice the last days due to health problems. Now I've got 2 questions. Is it still faster to use R2 on a long run or does it make sense now to play around with the compounds? If r2 is still faster, is the tyre wear around the same as before or less/bigger?

Latest patch setups
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG