The online racing simulator
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah i can feel bumps and even when i drive over the rumble strips i can feel it, well... rumbling.
i also feel the wheel going slightly light when understeering.

me too
The FF wheel wiggle phenomenon actually seems to be a result of the tyre deformation simulation.

If you imagine you are stationary, and you apply brakes, the contact patches are now stuck to the ground and the wheel cant rotate forwards and backwards.

Now if you steer in one direction, the steering geometry results in both the wheel twisting around the contact patch, but also wanting to roll a little bit forwards or backwards depending on the caster, inclination and scrub radius.

But because the brakes are on, the tyre stretches rather than rolling, then when you let go of the wheel, it springs back.

You can feel this in a real car if you havent power steering, but in a real car there is lots of damping in the system from the tyres up to the steering wheel. In LFS there doesnt seem to be any damping in the tyre spring deformation model, and that combined with a bit of FF lag seems to allow the spring back to lead to a never ending oscillation.

It could probably be fixed by adding some damping to the tyre deformation code, but thats probably not a simple thing to do without messing up some other part of the tyre model.
Anti-oscillation code would work too- or just turn the F down until it stops.
I experienced this aswell on my DFP. Twas due to FF being too high. I'm currently quite surprised by how much nicer it is with it turned down, it still feels meaty, and I don't have to put up with the ridiculous shaking backwards and forwards whenever the wheel is centred.

I'm just using the settings other people have recommended, 100% effects strength, then the rest on 0%, with centering spring enabled.

The understeer related lightness does seem to be a bit lacking, well, it just feels a bit more through my real car's wheel than through the DFP in the XFG.

Although, thinking about it, I'm understeering for different reasons IRL versus LFS, so I'll reserve judgement on LFS for the minute.

New physics are pretty awesome though, I have to say. Oversteering the rear wheel drive cars feels so much more 'real' for some reason.
still waiting for the hearts
Quote from kompa :Then I turn my wheel (red momo) to either side full lock and let it go while still braking 100%, it just jiggles for about 50 degrees worth of wheel movement and it does it forever!

Anyone else get this?

My wheel does this too, less with lower force strength, but I don't think it's a bug. I think it's because of the lag between you and the server. You put a pressure on the steering wheel, which puts a pressure on the rubber, then let go..

the pressure from the rubber makes the wheel spin back to the middle, but at the middle it keeps spinning a bit too long (because the server is a bit "behind" your computer in time) and then you have pressure the other way, so it spins back, etc etc etc.

This can be funny sometimes when I park after a race and get a glass of water and then I hear my steering wheel going back and forth because someone bumped me
I remember my black Momo did it a lot more- but I used to use a lot stronger FF back then because I had a lot smaller rotation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG