The online racing simulator
So I've been banned [from IRC]
(50 posts, closed, started )
Yeah, I got banned from IRC. I'm trying to fight about it. Who can I fight with to get this great injustice reversed? I've had to drive several hours down island to get a different IP on my iPhone just to say a few words.

How can I fix this? Or will I haffto make more kraut jokes?
Epic thread is epic.

PS: IBTL
Post tits or gtfo
why did you get banned?
Quote from theirishnoob :Post tits or gtfo

I got banned for no reason.. that was the joke. I made a few jokes about a former leader of Germany, and then I was unjustly banned. It was like the third reich all over again!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I've had to drive several hours down island to get a different IP [...]

What? Seriously? :P

I thought more highly of you, Dustin! Getting a new IP should not be that hard.
Quote from felplacerad :What? Seriously? :P

I thought more highly of you, Dustin! Getting a new IP should not be that hard.

My ISP.. It almost is. Everyone basically has a Static IP. It's kinda nice for things like SSH tunnelling.. but it's really poor when I get IP banned.
Changed the title dustin.. you know better.

first moderator action in like 4 years! sad story..
Quote from XCNuse :Changed the title dustin.. you know better.

first moderator action in like 4 years! sad story..

I know I know better, but it takes away some of the flair of the thread...

Oh well.. I'll let you live, but only for your car :P
You know exactly why you were banned. Here's a short excerpt from the second (well, second or third...I lost count) time you tried to evade your ban:

July 3rd, 2010
[21:05:48] gu3st-iphone (~gu3st@<IP removed>) has joined the channel
[21:06:15] * gu3st-iphone: Can I freaking get unbanned.
[21:06:47] * +Erik_: NO
[21:07:02] * gu3st-iphone: This is bs.
[21:07:04] * el_pringle: oo circumventing a ban
[21:07:07] * gu3st-iphone: Hitler was kinder to Jews.
[21:07:09] * el_pringle: i feela ban incoming
[21:07:29] * gu3st-iphone: No, its called joining from my phone. On a 3G network which means I get a different ip
[21:07:36] * +Erik_: BAN
[21:07:53] gu3st-iphone is now known as Heil
[21:07:58] * +Erik_: RACIST
[21:08:04] * shot: :(
[21:08:07] * el_pringle: loools 2x post
[21:08:13] * SR|zeugnimod: awful
[21:08:26] * Heil: Lulz
[21:09:23] Heil is now known as gu3st
[21:09:49] * gu3st: :)
[21:10:15] * @amp88|zzz: !kb gu3st
[21:10:16] * ChanServ sets mode: +b *!*@<IP removed>

I've edited the section to remove extraneous lines and IP information.
Quote from amp88 :You know exactly why you were banned. Here's a short excerpt from the second (well, second or third...I lost count) time you tried to evade your ban:

July 3rd, 2010
[21:05:48] gu3st-iphone (~gu3st@<IP removed>) has joined the channel
[21:06:15] * gu3st-iphone: Can I freaking get unbanned.
[21:06:47] * +Erik_: NO
[21:07:02] * gu3st-iphone: This is bs.
[21:07:04] * el_pringle: oo circumventing a ban
[21:07:07] * gu3st-iphone: Hitler was kinder to Jews.
[21:07:09] * el_pringle: i feela ban incoming
[21:07:29] * gu3st-iphone: No, its called joining from my phone. On a 3G network which means I get a different ip
[21:07:36] * +Erik_: BAN
[21:07:53] gu3st-iphone is now known as Heil
[21:07:58] * +Erik_: RACIST
[21:08:04] * shot: :(
[21:08:07] * el_pringle: loools 2x post
[21:08:13] * SR|zeugnimod: awful
[21:08:26] * Heil: Lulz
[21:09:23] Heil is now known as gu3st
[21:09:49] * gu3st: :)
[21:10:15] * @amp88|zzz: !kb gu3st
[21:10:16] * ChanServ sets mode: +b *!*@<IP removed>

I've edited the section to remove extraneous lines and IP information.

I hardly call logging in on a different device, evading the ban. That'd be like saying if I had 2 S2 accounts, and I got banned from a server.. using my other account would be evading. Not to mention that being an imposter on the internet is very easy.

Maybe I oughta call my ISP and demand another IP or 2.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I hardly call logging in on a different device, evading the ban. That'd be like saying if I had 2 S2 accounts, and I got banned from a server.. using my other account would be evading. Not to mention that being an imposter on the internet is very easy.

Maybe I oughta call my ISP and demand another IP or 2.

So you're now accepting that you know exactly why you were banned and you're no longer complaining about it?

If you're IP banned from a network and you either alter your IP or use a device with another IP to join the network that's ban evasion.

I'm not gonna post any more in this thread, because I don't want to get dragged into another pointless debate. You're banned from the IRC channel, you know exactly why, you've tried to evade the ban multiple times. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
Well, I'll just haffto speak to someone with a more level head and get unbanned.

Who would that be?
his internet provider
Because his internet provider cares about some random IRC channel he got banned from?
Quote from zeugnimod :Who would that be?

I dunno, I think I'd have better luck getting my ban overturned by talking to one directly affected by the Holocaust.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I dunno, I think I'd have better luck getting my ban overturned by talking to one directly affected by the Holocaust.

Looks like you still didn't get that your ban for THAT has already expired anyway.
i smell the lfs banhammer!
Quote from zeugnimod :Because his internet provider cares about some random IRC channel he got banned from?

They'll change my IP.
Posts like this make it even less likely for the ban to be lifted. Take it like a man and maybe stop acting like an idiot.
#24 - AMB
It's only IRC, you should be pleased you didn't get a 999 in-game ban, if Victor was there he would of done so.
I actually thought you where more intelligent than this Dustin.

You dont need to change device or location to change your IP address, you can do it without even restarting your PC and irrespective of what your provider does.

Even on a Mac.

Therefor I am awarding you the first ever LFS Forum Muppet Award.

As for your ban, I have known you long enough to know full well it was deserved without even having to look at any evidence. That's not much of a character endorsement is it?

If you want unbanning I suggest medication.
This thread is closed

(50 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG