The online racing simulator
Blackwood FBM setups
(15 posts, started )
Blackwood FBM setups
There's 77 setup all for blackwood gp track and on one car... Formula BMW There are many kind of sets in there. Hotlaps, sprints and endurance. Few setups are for beginners and most of them are for averages -> higher. There's like 65 setups in this .rar file which I've drove under 1:13 laptime. Best ones propably "Dido mod", "Trema" and "Tasuma". Should be atleast a set for everyone. There maybe like a couple of set that might be the same. Good luck racing!

E: By the way there's max 3 setups that you can find from setupgrid or setupfield haha. Comments will be appreciated.

E2: The a bit smaller file is the newer file.
Attached files
lfs set komplikaatio.rar - 13.9 KB - 4163 views
FBM BL1 setups (60+).rar - 11.2 KB - 6295 views
which one can you get the fastest lap time with?
I trained with something like warrex but my pb's are with "Trema". Of course it's pretty hard to get 5 laps with Trema's set but possible, endurance possible with wheel almost on any set of course, but "Dido mod" could be good endurance set for a mouse driver which doesn't blip. But I guess you can blip on any set
Bump

E: Gonna update it soon a bit.

A bit less sets. Some are newer some are old and some are the same that already were in that other file.
Attached files
FBM BL1 setups (60+).rar - 11.2 KB - 2573 views
Hi, can you point out a few of "best" setups in there. Would help those of us who are just starting out. Thanks!
Quote from Silverracer :Hi, can you point out a few of "best" setups in there. Would help those of us who are just starting out. Thanks!

Well best setup is pretty much what style setup you prefer!

I suggest to download that newer file, those all are pretty good. I used Warrex for training but IMO the fastest for 5-45 lap races are Jachna, Trema, Bawbag and maybe dido.

For hotlapping I'd use Trema, Jachna, Bawbag or Panic vaihd (Panicbreaking's 1:11.98 time I did 1:12.12 in hotlap and 1:12.13 online with it.)
I've tried loads of good setups and only go the same speed as default, 1:21

But when I set the front and back wing to lowest on a good setup I can get 1:16 which is recorded on the [MRC] server, also the rear end is more stable with no downforce, it must be the way I drive.

I watched Panicbrakings record 1:12 replay for help, but he can go over bumps like its normal tarmac, I do that and bounce all over the place, I even tried his setup but for me was slower than default.

Maybe I missed some control setup detail, I've looked and looked but can't find anything.

Using a DFGT wheel, 180 rotation, auto gears and braking help, tried using all manual but even slower.

Will running the game at 100fps help with control?
Quote from Hamst0r :Using a DFGT wheel, 180 rotation, auto gears and braking help, tried using all manual but even slower.

Seriously dude? Why in the hell are you using 180 degrees rotation on a DFGT?
-
(Hamst0r) DELETED by Hamst0r
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Seriously dude? Why in the hell are you using 180 degrees rotation on a DFGT?

Errr, because this tread is for FBM setups and not for lorries?

Seriously though is the latest version slower becasue of updated physics, taking all the wing off should not make top of the range setups faster and more stable.

Checked pedal calibration in case brake was dragging, set game to 100fps so there is more control input, none of it makes any difference.

Tried default setup with no wing and slick r1 tyres and get 1:18

Tried one of the good setups and get 1:18

Tried a good set up with no wing and get 1:16
Cheers, tried all that 2 days ago, but managed a 1:16.07 with one of Panicbrakings setups with no wing.
Attached files
1^c16.07.spr - 57.2 KB - 781 views
Panicbreakings replay looks like a bot driver, I wonder if he modded the race line and faked it.

Well I know one thing his setup wont go much faster than 1:18 and thats if the backend stays in place for a whole lap, god knows why its more stable and faster with no wing, I'll uninstall this headache of a game and wait for F1 2011.
Quote from Hamst0r :
Seriously though is the latest version slower becasue of updated physics, taking all the wing off should not make top of the range setups faster and more stable.

Its not about "more" or "less" wing...

First, look the BL1 map: 2 long straights and fast corners... You need low downforce for it...

Second, it looks you still have low control of the car. So, if you put lowest downforce, if you look, it will be 4 in rear and only 1 at front. More grip at rear, so you will oversteer less...

Blackwood FBM setups
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG