The online racing simulator
Lfs Master Sever Down?
(7 posts, started )
Lfs Master Sever Down?
hello there umm i'm just wounding if the Master server down i cant connet to it i tried turning my fire wall off and still does'nt work try every think it said so now i'm just seeing if there something wrong

thanks for the help.
It's up again now, guess it were just a little problem that solved itself / Victor fixed
mate it's still not working

Quote from The Very End :It's up again now, guess it were just a little problem that solved itself / Victor fixed

Working perfect, must be your conection
its the same thing happening to me my connection is 3 mbps yet the master server says 1k + pings on the other server sometimes its written no reply
Quote from dsmit239 :mate it's still not working

Try the following; http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=29454

Quote from Victor :This thread is for those who are having problems with connections to our master server. You will make a connection with our master server every time you go online in LFS (demo or licensed), and when you create a host (in online mode). This is a required step and you will only be able to race online if you can connect to our master server.

Here are some tips that might help you diagnose your problem.
Also if you create a post here about your problem, include all test and check results, so that we may be able to help you. Without any test results, we just do not have the information required to assist.

The first thing you should check :
CHECK 1 - LFS version
Check which version of LFS you have. You can see that at the bottom of the main menu screen of LFS, or on the end screen (after you clicked 'exit').
If you have a version older than LFS S2 ALPHA 0.5Y then you cannot unlock it; those older versions are not supported anymore. Your solution is to get the latest version of LFS from www.lfs.net .

If you have the correct version of LFS, do the following tests :
TEST 1 - ping
-click Windows Start button
-click Run
-enter the command cmd and press enter
-type : ping master.liveforspeed.net
-copy the outcome and post it here

TEST 2 - tracert (traceroute)
-click Windows Start button
-click Run
-enter the command cmd and press enter
-type : tracert master.liveforspeed.net
-copy the outcome and post it here

Do both of the above completely fail to do anything?
CHECK 2 - hosts file
Maybe you have previously edited your 'hosts file'.
In winXP (which the majority uses I assume) check and open the following file with notepad :
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Make sure this file does NOT have any line containing master.liveforspeed.net.
If it does, remove that line.
Then restart your computer and try to connect to the master server again.

CHECK 3 - firewall settings
If still nothing works, you should check your firewall settings. This normally is a last resort, because by default most firewalls do not block _outgoing_ connections. But some do. Unfortunately I cannot assist you with this in detail because I do not know which firewall you have and a very wide variety of them is available. Too much to list here. So please consult the manual of your firewall (or router).

More tests and checks might be available, however I cannot think of any useful ones at the moment. If we discover any new tests, they will be added to this list.

Remember, only post about your problems if you've done the tests and checks in this post and
include your test results in your post!

Good luck

Lfs Master Sever Down?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG