The online racing simulator
Round 11 - Kyoto National Reverse [01.08.10]
Quote :
Date: Sunday 25th July 2010
Track: Kyoto National Reverse
Qualify: 18:15 BST (30 minutes open qualifying)
Race: 19:00 BST

Should be fun, apart from the marathon distance
#2 - dadge
the KY Nat round flew in last time. it was an epic race and hopefully this should be the same. lets hope there's more than 7 people this round eh.
i'm off...have a god race!!
#4 - dadge
franky is currently at the kart meet and i don't think that many others will turn up. this gives us options. he said we can either put the race back to next week. or we can go ahead with the race.

let me know what you guys want and i'll get an email sent out asap.
Move it pls
Quote from dadge :franky is currently at the kart meet and i don't think that many others will turn up. this gives us options. he said we can either put the race back to next week. or we can go ahead with the race.

let me know what you guys want and i'll get an email sent out asap.

Why aren't those things discussed before? I love the racing here, but the organisation and communication is not even close to actually happen which is very annoying.
How do you think you can attract drivers to join this when most of the time the race gets postponed without any announcement the week before. I'd like to plan ahead racing more than just a day...
#7 - dadge
i didn't say it's postponed, i said we have options. i also said these as soon as i got them. and now we're discussing our options.
applications were closed after round 8 ( i think) so no more drivers would be added. the last round had 7 drivers. we can't make the other drivers join.
it's also the middle of the summer so people have plans and are not available to drive. i was told last night (this morning)about the options as franky had spent the day travelling to the kart meet. we can go ahead and race but i think there will be very little in terms of drivers.
we postponed the league for the world cup final. and also because it was too warm to sit indoors. i was perfectly fine with driving in the heat. we also postponed a race because alot of drivers had other plans. franky has done everything to make sure all drivers who have entered are given all the info well in advance but as i said, i only got the options at 2:30am. so it's not like we're leaving it til last minute to let you know anything. we're actually telling you as soon as we have info.
Can't make it tomorrow, final oral exam on monday
So I'd be cool with postponing it
#9 - dadge
ok guys, i'd say this round is postponed until franky gets back and organises it for next week. i can't edit the title so this is all i can do at this time.
on a plus note, there's only a few races left.
I would love to see the league postponed till end of the summer break but that's just me. I don't think i could find the time to take part in last few races now.
Quote from kamo2000 :I would love to see the league postponed till end of the summer break but that's just me. I don't think i could find the time to take part in last few races now.

I'm more for: let's finish the last races asap and go on with a new season after summer.
i think if there iis a new season we should maybe discuss things that could make it better. like reducing the max session length. say 90 min races or even 60 minute.
also, i would reduce the ballast to be a minimum of 9kg and a max of 29kg. currently having 45kg completely takes you out of the running at the next race. 29 lets you still be competitive but ensures you will have a hard time winning. i would also remove the dropping of two rounds.
then there's the big one........car change, would we stick with the xfg or should we move to a different car. like the lx4 or maybe even the xrt.
Quote from dadge :i think if there iis a new season we should maybe discuss things that could make it better. like reducing the max session length. say 90 min races or even 60 minute.
also, i would reduce the ballast to be a minimum of 9kg and a max of 29kg. currently having 45kg completely takes you out of the running at the next race. 29 lets you still be competitive but ensures you will have a hard time winning. i would also remove the dropping of two rounds.
then there's the big one........car change, would we stick with the xfg or should we move to a different car. like the lx4 or maybe even the xrt.

I'd go so far and vote for 1h races, also I think the ballast and points system needs a bit of a change to give more points to podium drivers.
I agree to everything everyone says

naah for me 1h races, less ballast options and different car is ok, but only one car not class.
I know of a few that are itching for an XRT league again.....
The next race will be next sunday (1st August)

The current standings have now been edited to show the results with the worst 2 rounds from every driver removed. It did not actually change anybodys possition funnily enough, just meant some people lost points (and even then i think only 2 people that are still racing..)

I've got some ideas in my head now though as to why this has been such a flop and have much better plans for any future events that i run on my own.
Is there any more room for the next race, if so can i race please?
lmao. Of course there is room... assuming that everybody does not decide to suddenly start turning up.

there are 40 people i e-mail for every event, not a single person tells me they cannot come.... (Kamo tells me he does not receive the e-mails, but then again he has not given me his e-mail address)

I have not got a problem with you racing in the next race, But it is round 11 and its upto the regular racers to decide.

So if the regular drivers have no issues then you can race,

Please can anybody who is going to race on sunday please just give a simple yes / no for if RC10Racer can race!

EDIT: if he does race then he won't score any points, so if for example he won, he would get 0 points, 2nd place would get 25 points (so just basically he won't be included in the points payouts)
yes, but can't score points.
Of course he can win next one
Hmm pm with email goes.....
yes he can
has there been any feedback on how many people plan turning up?
50/50 chances on me.
#24 - VoiD
I´m in...
the last time we raced here it was epic. i really hope we have a full(ish) grid. not sure if franky is going to completely open the entries so we can have a good sized pack. i'll ask him when he's on teamspeak.
if he ok's it, maybe it would be a good idea to spead the word within each of our teams/clans to try to get the numbers up.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG