The online racing simulator
When the tire does not grip, it retains its power directional
Hello,

When the tire does not grip, it retains its power directional
Can you post a replay?
That merely shows the longitudinal and lateral components of the force exerted on the tarmac by the tire. It already takes the angle of the tire and its direction of drive into account.

Do you honestly think these things through before posting threads about them?
fundamentally pretty much perfectly correct behaviour
it shows that the tires had no grip

red = not grip

Green = adhesion
No, it shows the tires are sliding. A sliding tire still generates force. There's still friction between the tire and road surface.

Please develop an understanding of vehicle dynamics before posting silly threads like these.
Well, you're understeering there and that's what happens when your front tires loose grip. Just because your tires start to slide doesn't mean they have no grip at all, it's just lower and therefore you understeer.
When it slips and you accelerate, it should slide further ?

This is not the case on the video
That car is XFG, right? What gear are you in when you floor the throttle? I think I'd expect a car to understeer a bit more, but if you have an open diff, all the acceleration force would go to the unloaded wheel so it wouldn't cause much understeer.

What's the point of these threads anyway when we know that there is a brand new tire physics engine under way?
Quote from MadCatX :What's the point of these threads anyway when we know that there is a brand new tire physics engine under way?

Can't get there without coming thru here.
Quote :I think I'd expect a car to understeer a bit more

we are in agreement

Quote :but if you have an open diff

No, it's race S with wheel in 720°

Try a real car to go too fast around a curve to drag your tires and if you happen to pass a 90 ° turn speeding like crazy...........

and Ben reminds me
I cannot check it right now, but default race S setups always seemed kind of easy to drive to me. It uses clutch pack diff, right? What's the locking ratio under power on that set?
Anyway, the video you uploaded doesn't contain any real info that can be used to draw some conclusions, we don't know vehicles speed and the power engine is sending to the wheels.
a car (FWD) that happens to take a 90 ° turn with the front that slides back and adhering completely unrealistic

I guess you have never driven a real car
By the looks of it you are applying power, so the car is effectively dragging itself around the corner, despite the excessive steering angle. Also, the rear tyres are cold, so liable to increase the oversteer tendency of the car.

Not very unrealistic if you ask me, but the video was a bit rubbish to tell exactly what you meant.
Then you guess wrong. I have a personal experience with understeering in a real FWD car (who doesn't?) but I still fail to see what's so utterly wrong with the behavior you're complaining about. You should take into consideration that these are slick tyres we're talking about here which I think don't loose grip as abruptly as grooved road tyres.
should be given a more : coefficient adherence
#19 - pipa
How much bigger would you like the radius to be then? Seems perfectly fine to me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG