The online racing simulator
#1 - JeffR
Video of BMW M3 GTR with TC, fast shifter
Make that videos. The first video car uses a pattern shifter, and it appears to be a no lift shifter. The second video shows the near instantenous (30ms to 50ms depending on rpm drop) of a XTRAC like no lift sequential shifter.

Hans Stuck in a BMW M3 GTR at the old and the new nurburg / nordschliefe combined, very cool for fans of Nordschliefe. There's a cool shot of the racing slicks. 2 laps at the new Nurburgring GP track. It starts at the bottom of the downhill start finish straight, just before the tight right turn. On the second lap after the chicane near the end of Nurburgring GP, Hans turns left to go onto the Nordschleife track. The end of the Nordschleife track leads back onto the main start / finish straight for the new Nuburgring. I read that total distance is a bit over 17 miles per lap.

m3gtrnrd.wmv

Rolf Van Os in a BMW 320 STW (Super Tourer, the top class) with a near instant sequential shifter (similar to XTRAC). Due to a qualifying issue, this very fast car is starting from the back of the pack in a mixed class race. Obviously a lot of passing occurs. This a Dutch Supercar Challenge event. There are virtually no restrictions on the cars except that power to weight ratio determines which class the car is running in. This means ECU and braking type traction control is allowed, along with the incredibly quick sequential shifters. Turn down the sound as the rear end is very whiny.

Assen-bmwSTW.wmv

Maps of the old and new Nurburg. The 14.1 mile version just bypassed the south section by connecting the straight leading into the south section to the straight returning from the south section. You can see the small key hole like uturn connecting the two straights on the map. It was a left turn almost 90 degrees from the old track followed by a near 270 degree right turn back onto the return straight.

Wow, i know that Hans Stuck is crazy, but i didnt think that he is that crazy. The way how he was driving throught the fast corners after that straight just scared me... Great videos, JeffR... Thank ya!
#3 - JeffR
Driver in second video is Rolf Van Os (just updated the original post to reflect this).
#4 - ajp71
Quote from MadCatX :Wow, i know that Hans Stuck is crazy, but i didnt think that he is that crazy. The way how he was driving throught the fast corners after that straight just scared me...

Now try it in a 956...
#5 - JeffR
Derek Bell in a 956C at Nordschliefe 13.0 mile version (1983).

dbnrd.wmv
#6 - JeffR
Some good video links here, including the Derek Bell 956C lap at Nordschliefe (1983), and the recent Radical SR8 lap of 6:55 at Nordschliefe (2003).

http://cygnus.shackspace.com/archive/ring.html
#7 - Smax
yup this would fit right into the videos thread
Quote from JeffR :Hans Stuck in a BMW M3 GTR at the old and the new nurburg / nordschliefe combined, very cool for fans of Nordschliefe. There's a cool shot of the racing slicks. 2 laps at the new Nurburgring GP track. It starts at the bottom of the downhill start finish straight, just before the tight right turn. On the second lap after the chicane near the end of Nurburgring GP, Hans turns left to go onto the Nordschleife track. The end of the Nordschleife track leads back onto the main start / finish straight for the new Nuburgring. I read that total distance is a bit over 17 miles per lap.

Yup, that's the so called "24h track" which is new F1 track + Nordschleife. There's also Südschleife (Southern Loop) which was part of the track before it was rebuilt. Definately the greatest race track in the world. That video is from from the annual 24h event (year 2003 or 2004 I think, from a qualifying session). I think that M3 GTR video is the best incar video I've seen. Even the sense of speed in the video is terrifying, thanks to the shaking camera.

Here's a video from the same event and same car but seems the beginning of the video seems to be from a different lap: http://www.mncisco.org/mattd/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv (53 MB)

Quote from JeffR :Derek Bell in a 956C at Nordschliefe 13.0 mile version (1983).
dbnrd.wmv

That clip is from a 1000 km race review, you can get it in 5 parts from here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/newnobee
(files called "1000km83Nrburgring.part1-5.rar", there are also some more interesting vids)

And more link, this is the same Alzen Porsche vid which was in the page you mentioned but in much better quality: http://0wn3d.nl/temp/VTS_02_1_NEW.avi
thx deggis

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG