The online racing simulator
Kick/Ban Time Limit
(26 posts, started )
Kick/Ban Time Limit
We all have been either kicked or banned as soon as we entered a room at least once. So my idea is to set a 1 or 2 minute time limit before kicking or banning someone when they enter a room. If somebody tries anything like a kick or ban during this time limit, they will be kicked. There can be a little timer beside your name in the player list, which is the time limit countdown.
Quote from JPeace :Thats a good idea

I disagree.

A driver joins the server, leaves the pits immediately, parks somewhere on the racing line, somebody sees this and votes to kick/ban that eejit and the player that started the vote is kicked?

Doesn't sound like a good scenario.
#3 - amp88
Quote from zeugnimod :I disagree.

A driver joins the server, leaves the pits immediately, parks somewhere on the racing line, somebody sees this and votes to kick/ban that eejit and the player that started the vote is kicked?

+1

Quote from CRASH3R :We all have been either kicked or banned as soon as we entered a room at least once.

Disagree. Maybe if you continue to race on demo for a while this is true, but not for everyone.
Quote from JPeace :Thats a good idea - but I would suggest a different name. Names like yours do tend to provoke premature kicking / banning from a server. As your a demo racer, people don't have a clue what your going to do anyway, and with a name like CRASH3R, they can only expect the worst.

I've been here for a year, doesn't matter what my name is. If i have experience thats good enough for me.
Quote from amp88 :Disagree. Maybe if you continue to race on demo for a while this is true, but not for everyone.

So there arn't noobs in S2? I was wondering about that for a while.

Also I think some of you guys misunderstood my saying, the time limit to be able to kick/ban the person entering the room is 1 to 2 minutes, in which if anyone tried to kick/ban you when you just entered, the time limit will be on so you cannot be kicked or banned for the set time, otherwise if anyone tried to kick/ban you they will be automatically kicked with a reduced time limit.
#5 - amp88
Quote from CRASH3R :So there arn't noobs in S2? I was wondering about that for a while.

There are still some noobs in S1/S2, but it's certainly not a common experience to be kicked immediately on joining an S1/S2 host.
Quote from CRASH3R :Also I think some of you guys misunderstood my saying, the time limit to be able to kick/ban the person entering the room is 1 to 2 minutes, in which if anyone tried to kick/ban you when you just entered, the time limit will be on so you cannot be kicked or banned for the set time, otherwise if anyone tried to kick/ban you they will be automatically kicked with a reduced time limit.

Yeah, that's how I understood it and why I wrote this:

Quote from zeugnimod :A driver joins the server, leaves the pits immediately, parks somewhere on the racing line, somebody sees this and votes to kick/ban that eejit and the player that started the vote is kicked?

This can easily happen in under 1 minute on a track with a short pit exit and in under 2 minutes on any track.
#7 - Zay
I have entered a server once with just 2 team members in it, and immediatly they banned me by vote. It was an S2 server. But this would not be a good idea as the player could cause mayhem in the 1 or 2 minutes the timer is running.
Quote from CRASH3R :
So there arn't noobs in S2? I was wondering about that for a while.

Come to Cargame.nl s2 when server have 20+ racers. You gona see plenty of noobrammt1carnage or iramyouootsoicangetyourplace
Yesterday you also hit two people Inouva, at the S1 server with your MRT.

One french MRT in T1 of Fern Bay and later in the same lap you failed to keep distance to a LX6.

And the worst of all, you didn't even said sorry. Particularly the first crash wasn't much of a beauty.

After the last crash where you hit that LX6 you left the server, swearing as always.

Want a better environment, start with yourself.
I don't want arguments to arise now [looking at the post above] if you are going to argue take it to the PM's please.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yesterday you also hit two people Inouva, at the S1 server with your MRT.

One french MRT in T1 of Fern Bay and later in the same lap you failed to keep distance to a LX6.

And the worst of all, you didn't even said sorry. Particularly the first crash wasn't much of a beauty.

After the last crash where you hit that LX6 you left the server, swearing as always.

Want a better environment, start with yourself.

So, i hit 2 ppl without no intention, you know i`m very polite in safe rating and have a exelent standar in safety

And speaking about this, what about the 96% of ppl who hit me for no reason or cuz are wreeker drivers or those who use my rear bumper as a brake or the one who smash me and trow me oot or into the grass, or the GTR that "Ram" over the blue flagged just cuz he want overtake in a chicane (Like the south city chicane route) where is no space to overtake at "full" speed...

I see a loots of fail drivers and still no-one of those drivers are banned or given a warning

Is like what i debate with joske and bmwgeek , you are sacrificing Server quality for learning.

Cargame have a exelent potetial, close to CTRA and FM Junkies, but like i state above, Sacrificing server quality for learning is not good...

I already give you 3 times suggestion about this, and you seens not to listen about what to do to keep a good standar drivers without sacrifice learning to the n00bsrammers

And of course i swear, what else can do if we have 3 admins and no one of the 3 admines do nothing to keep the race "Clean"?, OH yeah, submit a replay in the forum and w8 for the eternal sentence...

The only bad habit i have is swear in that server. i`m tired of ppl who ram for no reason of dont respect others drivers, you cant complaint about me (Only for the swearing), i`m a very safe driver and a clean racer and more that one person is pleased with me when hi/she fight me for the place , knowing that i have sense of space and "where is the other driver"
Thread Reported for Closure. As already stated,

Quote :
if you are going to argue take it to the PM's

Call 1-999-FORUM-POLICE
Wrong number...

Vote kicking and banning is no solution anyway. Not in the way it's implemented now. One or two minute delay won't help that.

We need crash detection, and a determination of who is guilty for that crash. But the focus for two years is on never ending tire physics, can't help that.
its a good idea really to implement some form of detection..but at the rate of progression and the mass of good suggestions that may(but probably wont) be implemented I doubt we will enjoy such a feature until S4 which by my calculations should be available by 2028.

Heres to hoping we even get the feature in 18 years time.
It's an alright idea, but, I have noticed, if you ban someone through Airio and they connect it kicks then for being on the ban list, what would happen then?
The racer would race for 1/2 minutes then get kicked?
Time to fix the suggestion a bit.

May be if the timer was invisable to other people, then they would get messed up about the time and kick later, but if the timer is visable to you, then you can attempt to ban then unless they kicked you for a reason. And if the timer was settable, but it had to be implemented unless the kick or ban option wasn't there. The option would have a min. of 1:00 minute and a max. of 10:00 minutes.
OK I'm lost...

The problem is that if a new person enters a server.. He/she gets immediately vote kicked/banned... Yes or no?
Give me one good reason why admins (or racers) shouldn't be able to kick or ban anyone they want, whenever they want.
#21 - VoiD
Some fixes/solutions for you:

- get a new licence with a less numpty name...
- or stay away from numpty servers
- or buy S1/2
@cargame, yes.

@boothy, to prevent reasonless banning as soon as someone enters.

@void, I don't care about name changes, I got one years experiance here and I know what happens around here, I do realize you've been here a lot longer than me, but by now you made a name for yourself, my name may sound nooby at first, but respect comes along if I earn it, hopefully making a name for myself. Also I might wait for S3.

Back on topic, off the topic of my name, it could be discussed somewhere else than here.
i think as soon as they come on the track itself (out of pits) they are fair game to be kicked, then the server counts the times they join in 10 minutes, and if its the second time he enters the track he is fair to be kicked, then 200 meters on the track and fair game to be banned?

and with airio, maybe it can ban them from the server??
#24 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :i think as soon as they come on the track itself (out of pits) they are fair game to be kicked, then the server counts the times they join in 10 minutes, and if its the second time he enters the track he is fair to be kicked, then 200 meters on the track and fair game to be banned?

and with airio, maybe it can ban them from the server??

Hmm, but what about on servers like [AMG] GTR Motorsport that have mandatory pits, crasher could just wait there until the leaders pit.
it could have the 1 or 2 minute thing as well, and whatever comes first?

Kick/Ban Time Limit
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG