The online racing simulator
VobMod spotter
There are those vobmods
Can users who use them be somehow spotted in servers?
I would really like to have somekind of a program.
Dont wish any of them to see in server what i use.
Thank you : )
#2 - Lible
What do you have against them? How are they disturbing other players?
Quote from Lible :What do you have against them? How are they disturbing other players?

Oh, its just that one touch and off you fly to high heavens [not 100% of the time, but more often than not...]
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
I'm pretty sure they don't allow links to sites that allow such mods.
(So please remove the link from your post)

However, it is nice to see that LFS has a good moding scene so when LFS does allow for custom cars to be added, there will be plenty that can be. Some of the cars are professorially done ... It's very impressive!
there should be such a way, like something that checks your VEH files on every car as you enter the server, and if they dont match the admins then your kicked?
Quote from logitekg25 :there should be such a way, like something that checks your VEH files on every car as you enter the server, and if they dont match the admins then your kicked?

then what if an admin has a vob mod on?
Quote from Mr. Bulletproof :then what if an admin has a vob mod on?

Having empty server (or with 2-3 players) is admins' own decision.
There is no way of detecting them automatically (unless Scawen adds some checks).
There are visual signs, some more reliable than others, but they can only be spotted manually.
thats what i meant, if scawen adds a small check, it only takes a minute to get into a server...i imagine a check like this will add like 10-15seconds, which isnt that bad

the files are only on average about 100 kb in size, so i dont see the big deal
If LFS generated a MD5-hash of the vob and veh file of the selected car upon joining the race and sent that to the server, it would not slow the process of joining by any noticeable amount of time. Actually, I think that some sort of InSim based VobModBuster is quite doable, but it would require some small app to be run on the client side.
Quote from MadCatX : Actually, I think that some sort of InSim based VobModBuster is quite doable, but it would require some small app to be run on the client side.

LFS version of Punkbuster
Sounds like it could work if the 'main' server operators required it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG