The online racing simulator
Locked Diff in FWD cars - Patch T
Sorry to make another thread, maybe I should have made a catch all thread with my tyre question too

Anyway, continuing on from me test session this morning with the FXO, I noticed the locked diff is now not such a no brainer option like it was in previous patches, it seems that now with the locked diff you get quite pronounced and severe power-on oversteer (correct behaviour I assume, but I have never driven a locked diff FWD car).

Anyone else notice this, or am I seeing/feeling things?.

Dan,
#2 - Vain
The XFR still feels quite the same concerning oversteer. The only change I noticed is a quite "light" feel to it because of more grip on the slicks. I'd say nothing changed about the locked-diff-problem.
At least my setups are still usable this way.

Vain
I have only tried the FXO at this point, trying to get some practice in on the new physics as we have an ESL race on Monday, and it certain feels different in regards to locked diff performance.

Also, it seems as though the TBO class isnt as one sided as it were, the RB4 in particular is a lot closer to the FXO it seems.

Dan,
Yeah I'm also practicing for next ESL race. So it seems to me that R3's can take some more laps then before, but I'm not sure. Well I never bothered locked diffs, only in rare cases. Also didn't tried yet. Perhaps after F1 I'm gonna compare both options.
My Polo G40 had a very high preload setting on it's clutch plate diff, and when going round a corner if you didn't keep the power on it would lift-off UNDERsteer. An effect everyone said was bull on the Polo forums, untill someone else got a similar diff and mentioned the same effect.

So it wasn't quite power-on oversteer, but lift-off understeer.
There had also been no change with the "raised-nose" problem.. I just believed they adjusted the whole game only on the new BF1.. I hate it.
Quote from bberger :There had also been no change with the "raised-nose" problem.. I just believed they adjusted the whole game only on the new BF1.. I hate it.

You have an example of this?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG