The online racing simulator
Very dissapointing
(20 posts, closed, started )
#1 - 5haz
Very dissapointing
Thought I'd pop by your servers after a few months this evening...

Such a shame that your changes appear to have made things worse, I witnessed blatant ignoring of blue flags and complete faliure to use one's mirrors several times, as well as drivers who clearly had no control over their cars.

Not only that but I'd like to say that kicking someone for not agreeing with your point of view (after you drive into the side of them) then trying to justify it by saying "Im admin you not" is surely the kind of power abuse and bad attitudes you wanted to get rid of in the first place?

You may want to have a word with some team members about their bad attiutude and questionable driving standards. Meanwhile while they are not doing their job properly, the server has become seriously under staffed, and is subsequently full of idiots.

I'm not joking when I say the declining standards of servers such as yours are contributing to the decline of LFS in general.
hey 5haz (Jshaw),

Original TEAM CASTROL

I've been playing LFS once again. More so this month but sad to know you boycott AirAttack

Come by one of AirAttack demo servers and type

!top You should see my new personal best.

GiancarlDemeUSA
Team Castrol
C'mon why you advertise drafted pb o.O
Quote from fatalunfair :C'mon why you advertise drafted pb o.O

C'mon give everyone a break fatalunfair and STOP cry:weeping:ing.

First of all im not advertising, its a message aimed at my good buddy Jshaw since we used to compete with each other back dating back in 2008 demo champ series. And its a shame he choose to avoid racing at AA servers. But i can clearly understand why because of obnoxious children like you!
Yeah go ahead keep bringing it up everytime i race at AA, I'll just keep ignoring you. Fact of the matter is, I'm ....

GiancarlDemeUSA
Team Castrol

a.k.a - The very first racer to match WR FBM 1.12.08 on Air Attack servers.

Fatalunfair by definition...(also called invidiousness) is best defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it.

So get over it. :chair:

Im done here, its getting off topic... Jshaw... cya around buddy.
Stop this nonsense now. If you want to discuss PB's do it over a chat.
Sounds like blatent attention whoring indeed.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1

as i said on my last post, im moving on now as its getting off topic.

On topic
Id like to let all demo players out there to know that Air Attacks atmosphere has improved dramatically compared to feedback made by 5haz's original post little over a month go.

A little birdie just told me that there's been key tweets in personnel based on reports and feedbacks by regular demo community who religiously spends their free time on LFS AA[demo] Servers. :drink:

Cya in the AA Tracks racers.
:heyjoe67_honda:

kids these days..
Quote from Giancarlo deMe :

C'mon give everyone a break fatalunfair and STOP cry:weeping:ing.

First of all im not advertising, its a message aimed at my good buddy Jshaw since we used to compete with each other back dating back in 2008 demo champ series. And its a shame he choose to avoid racing at AA servers. But i can clearly understand why because of obnoxious children like you!
Yeah go ahead keep bringing it up everytime i race at AA, I'll just keep ignoring you. Fact of the matter is, I'm ....

GiancarlDemeUSA
Team Castrol

a.k.a - The very first racer to match WR FBM 1.12.08 on Air Attack servers.

Fatalunfair by definition...(also called invidiousness) is best defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it.

So get over it. :chair:

Im done here, its getting off topic... Jshaw... cya around buddy.

Atleast you're being honest and show us what kind of dick you are. When ever did I cry In-game when I checked your pb I just asked why did you draft your pb and brag about it in here lol. Didn't even ask more than twice since you didn't answer with anything else than "Lol" Dunno why you're limad on the server to be honest.

^ oh yeah. That goes on-topic. "Very dissapointing". 5haz actually has a point. It's good our limad levels are even so you can't kick me for asking why you draft your pb hehe.
Woops, this very interesting thread completely escaped my attention. But what should I say?

To the first post maybe this: 5haz, if you want to see the servers as bad, nothing can stop you from doing so. My task, as I've been repeatedly saying, it a pretty simple one: To run popular demo servers. I have no higher goal. So far every attempt at applying any advanced standards than enforced by the system meant serious troubles. It is a demo world, you can't expect too much from any existing popular open server. Attempts to run "special" servers repeatedly fail for lack of interest among newbies and average drivers, leading to lack of interest from more experienced people. Anyway, AA now has two "Genuine" servers, which constantly run a time lock and minimal safety rating requirement. Both should ensure somehow higher standards, and sometimes those servers are used actually, which is great.

Concerning limads, yes, there were some problems recently, in fact there are almost always problems. The more limads there are, the more problems must be solved, the more often different views clash and disputes arise. That's why I did the cleaning 8 months ago and that's why I removed some other people recently. The ideal of having a bunch of limads doing great job individually and together as well is unreachable. But we have some highly experienced and trusted people now, who should never boast with their powers and who should simply use them effectively. But overall, I still think the less limads there are the smoothly the system actually runs, because it treats everyone the same, absolutely.

For GCDeme and Fatal: Guys... I don't get it. Why are you so obsessed about lap time? Yup, very probably it's been a drafted time. But can I do it? LOL, never. So I respect that time, it is a achievement, but basically that's where it ends, I will sleep tight anyway. And look what's happening here. One is boasting a bit, and another one cannot fail (again?) making comments leading to conflict, which it is. So, what can I tell you? The wiser one will simply drop the subject (maybe did already). Never, please, never let this exchange of unpleasant messages enter the server. Thank you.
I wouldn't mind really if he wouldn't advertise it as the best laptime of the server, since it isn't obviously best clean lap. I could do a 1:11 with Operative. drafting, but we just haven't done it. Mostly because propably we rather keep our fair pb's up for some time Although after all, I thought me and Deme are friends, far friends, but kinda friends. Then suddenly he drops this here so of course I get upset. In the game I propably asked it like "Why you drafted your pb, whyyyyy : (", Over dramatizing it just for a laugh. Never thought he would take it so seriously and call me a kid and bunch of other bad stuff in here.

EQ, did you check my pm in airattack.co.uk about that one tiny, tiny airio glitch?
Quote from fatalunfair :Atleast you're being honest and show us what kind of dick you are. When ever did I cry In-game when I checked your pb I just asked why did you draft your pb and brag about it in here lol. Didn't even ask more than twice since you didn't answer with anything else than "Lol" Dunno why you're limad on the server to be honest.

^ oh yeah. That goes on-topic. "Very dissapointing". 5haz actually has a point. It's good our limad levels are even so you can't kick me for asking why you draft your pb hehe.

Who do you think i am, senna?

that was a joke for EQ
As the system is now, there's nothing preventing you from using drafting. Maybe drafting check could be implemented into Airio and drafted times ignored as new PBs going to !sb. But then all the PBs would have to be removed and I do not plan doing so. If you can make 1:11, go for it. True, your LFSW lap time would be spoiled, unclean. That's why there's also the AIRW lap time, guaranteed to be clean (no corner cutting, no drafting). See it here: http://stats.airio.eu/BLS.aspx?T=BL1&C=FBM. Be at peace, you're still 0.02 s faster than GCD concerning clean laps.

Yes, I have the message still open here for more detailed check, but I'm not sure anything can be done about it...
Quote from EQ Worry :As the system is now, there's nothing preventing you from using drafting. Maybe drafting check could be implemented into Airio and drafted times ignored as new PBs going to !sb. But then all the PBs would have to be removed and I do not plan doing so. If you can make 1:11, go for it. True, your LFSW lap time would be spoiled, unclean. That's why there's also the AIRW lap time, guaranteed to be clean (no corner cutting, no drafting). See it here: http://stats.airio.eu/BLS.aspx?T=BL1&C=FBM. Be at peace, you're still 0.02 s faster than GCD concerning clean laps.

Yes, I have the message still open here for more detailed check, but I'm not sure anything can be done about it...

Damn that's a slow laptime for me. Have to try to improve it if server - my computer lag won't ruin it
Yup, it is not easy to get there, especially on a popular server, where each close car invalidates your lap. Also lags can have negative effect, when you're seen by the server outside the racing path while in fact you're still on the path. Do not take extreme sides.
Quote from EQ Worry :Yup, it is not easy to get there, especially on a popular server, where each close car invalidates your lap. Also lags can have negative effect, when you're seen by the server outside the racing path while in fact you're still on the path. Do not take extreme sides.

I can't drive anymore outside the extreme sides with this combo But I'm trying hard
Maybe I just don't get it but what is wrong with drafting?
Quote from zeugnimod :Maybe I just don't get it but what is wrong with drafting?

Not so much wrong but if you advertise a drafted record so hard I find it a bit stupid Especially on fbm. Drafting doesn't affect probs so hard on xfg and xrg etc
Quote from fatalunfair :Not so much wrong but if you advertise a drafted record so hard I find it a bit stupid Especially on fbm. Drafting doesn't affect probs so hard on xfg and xrg etc

I guess it is if you don't have anything else to get worked up about.

I find it very unimportant and don't really care if someone brags about some online PB he did, with or without drafting.
In case 5haz ever returns to this thread (sorry again for missing it for so long!), I have a question: Which of the current popular demo servers you see as going the right way? Simply put, which demo servers are better than AA by your standards? Check out the other servers and then compare. Enjoy the "races" for 3 laps (4 minutes, doh), which put a totally new perspective to the old saying "race is not won in the first corner". Oh dear, sure it is. What I mean is simple: To be popular, you cannot be too strict. Average and worse people vote with their feet then and go elsewhere, to more open environment, and the advanced people follow. That's how it works.
-
(Snoop.DriftEra) DELETED by Scawen : necro post with swearing
-
(mcmustang) DELETED by Scawen : reply to post that is now deleted
This thread is closed

Very dissapointing
(20 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG