The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 66: Initial-D

This weeks theme is... "Initial-D"

Rules: (made by Raito, these will not be changed)

Initial-D is a Japanese anime series about racing and drifting in downhill/uphill races at night (wiki). Feel free to get the inspiration on cars included in game or your own, but remember that it is almost always a battle of two cars (this is not a rule, only recommendation).

Cars: XFG, XRG, FXO, RB4, XRT, FZ5 & RAC.
Tracks: All Tracks
  • When you have finished your picture and want to enter it into the competition, please write 'Final Entry' in the relevant post.
  • You must provide a preview picture (no bigger than 400 x 400 pixels) as well as the High Resolution copy.
  • The preview picture does not have to be exactly 400 x 400 pixels - it can be smaller to maintain the correct aspect ratio (for example, 400 x 300 pixels)
Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400 x 400 px will not be accepted
  • No renders or old images to be used and NO VOB MODS
  • You may incorporate external non-LFS images into your work, but you MUST give a link to any images used.
  • You MUST NOT use any LFS screenshot material that does not belong to you.
Competition Closes FRIDAY 16th July at 22:00 GMT

BONUS *FUN* RULES:

- You must obey the rules
- No bitching/moaning/arguing
#2 - Raito

Any questions about theme are welcome.

//sorry about mistake in description, there is "game" instead of "anime"
Sarker, damn good
the only thing i dont like is following car's skin it ruins the whole edit
Quote from BADLVBOY :Sarker, damn good
the only thing i dont like is following car's skin it ruins the whole edit

That skin is a replica of a RX-7 from Initial D. It fits the theme perfectly imo.
#6 - macsy
Yeah, nothing wrong with it except maybe a little stretching over the widebody kit.. Great shot.
NOT FINAL

Wanted to make a cartoon theme, I've no idea what this Initial D thing is anyways Tell me if you got some ideas
Attached images
Initial D.jpg
#8 - Raito
My edit nothing extra

Takumi Fujiwara AE86 vs. Takahashi Ryosuke RX-7 FC

1. Preview
2. Hi-res
3. Original
Attached images
lfs_pc_initiald_final_preview.jpg
lfs_pc_initiald_final_hires.jpg
lfs_pc_initiald_original.jpg
Damn cool shots here guys.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That skin is a replica of a RX-7 from Initial D. It fits the theme perfectly imo.

oh, sorry then, i didnt knew that
Quote from Raito :My edit nothing extra

Takumi Fujiwara AE86 vs. Takahashi Ryosuke RX-7 FC

1. Preview
2. Hi-res
3. Original

vob mods for XRG? headlights
Quote from skiper :vob mods for XRG? headlights

Check out original shot, there's no lights on that, so no, he must've made them himself.
Quote from jensbrix :Check out original shot, there's no lights on that, so no, he must've made them himself.

oops) sorry )
-
(andRo.) DELETED by andRo.
Quote from skiper :vob mods for XRG? headlights

No trunk, window cover and front lamps of the XRG are made in photoshop Thats why i purposely posted the original

But im glad that is hard to find it out
-
(andRo.) DELETED by andRo.
Quote from jensbrix :NOT FINAL

Wanted to make a cartoon theme, I've no idea what this Initial D thing is anyways Tell me if you got some ideas

same as you jens dont realy get it.
Quote from Mustangman759 :same as you jens dont realy get it.

It's a TV serial, anime... originaly broadcasted at japan. Use the wiki for the more informations

There is an example of one episode -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RxejBi9WzU

its a pretty old one, newer episodes have a better graphics but this one is where my inspiration for my image comes

If you are asking what should be on your pic then:

- 2 Cars battling each other (not a rule, recomendation)
- Hill climb / downhill race
- Cars are street-tuned
- Skins may corespond with these in Initial-D but you can have your own skin on it
- Races are at night in hill-roads (example) This is actually the important point.
race or drift:????
Quote from Mustangman759 :race or drift:????

Race while drifting Its a race from point A to point B, both cars starts at one line and first at the finish wins, because of qick sharp turns in the hills, racers drift to maintain speed trough the turn
#20 - 5tag
Quote from Raito :Race while drifting Its a race from point A to point B, both cars starts at one line and first at the finish wins, because of qick sharp turns in the hills, racers drift to maintain speed trough the turn

Are you saying drifting is a fast way through a corner?
Hey I tried something.

and this one..... driving in moonlight i guess, as i'm having problems creating the headlight beams.

any decent
Attached images
IniditalD_LFS.jpg
IniditalD_LFS2.jpg
Quote from 5tag :Are you saying drifting is a fast way through a corner?

Not everytime, Keiichi Tsuchiya, which is almost same as Takumi in Initial D (he is professional racing driver in real world), discovered method cutting corner almost drifting but still holding a grip as a fastest way to go trough the corner. It was fully presented in last episode of Stage 4 Initial-D: Project D where Takumi battles vs. "God Hand".

In japanese roads in the hills, where the hairpins are often 90° degree turns is the drift method one of the fastest ways with both RWD and AWD cars.

Keiichi Tsuchiya has its own wiki page, you can find there a mention about his "appearance" in Initial-D (wiki)
#24 - 5tag
Quote from Raito :[...] cutting corner almost drifting but still holding a grip as a fastest way to go trough the corner.

You are refering to a technique not many people would call drifting exactly.
Not final!
Attached images
D_test.jpg

LFS Photomode Competition Round 66: Initial-D
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG