The online racing simulator
Sparks when cars bottom out.
(16 posts, started )
First of all, the gameplay of this game is far and above better than any racing game ever. The force feedback is flawless as well.

anyway, i'm really missing the sparks coming out from under my f08 (or any car for that matter) when the suspension bottoms out. I can hear it, (which is better than nothing) but I cant see it.

This game rules...hard.
Chef
i miss flames from the exhaust.
that would be a neat feature, but there are more important things still than neat features...although scawen tends to put a few neat features in at times, like tyre flex...i wouldn't mind having sparks and flames to be the next neat feature to be put in for sure.
I think tyre flex is one the earliest features of LFS. It's not new.

But yes, Scawen does tend to only give us a patch if it has something worthwhile in it (skid marks, MRT, server filters etc).

Sparks haven't been in F1 for years. I miss them. Don't think they'd benefit LFS at this stage (like flames), but to be considered a finished product, S3 needs to have such pointless eye candy. So, :up:, but later.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think tyre flex is one the earliest features of LFS. It's not new.

was introduced in the pre-S1 demo, as i mentioned in the other thread.
but it was at that time not something that was really needed, but something that made LFS even more enjoyable and it makes lfs stand out from the crowd (like so many other things )
sparks aint really needed now thats more visual (and S3 is going to be the mainly visual/track/weather side of it all) and of course still some physics updates
Flames out of the exhaust on downshifts and whatnot, and sparks when metal hits tarmac would be very cool and add to the immersion I think. It probably wouldn't cost much performance, but would look damn cool!
Granted, other things will take precedence.
I doubt you'd get sparks from the fomula cars, because they probably have wooden undertrays.

In which case you should see saw-dust basically, surely it would be possible to have a little dust come up (similar, but less noticable than the 1st corner at Westhill, when you run out to the curb) and also a mark on the ground where the car bottoms out.

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wp10me4ct.jpg
Yeah, sparks on the cars that would actually have sparks..
An FO8 would have sparks if it was it's roof, or after it crashed.. Some metal part would be scraping..

That kind of thing would really be cool actually, with probably very little impact on performance.. Things that look good that even people with slow machines can turn on are always a good thing.
Whoa had no idea they had wooden undertrays, thats a sweet picture! I think a gun metal grey mark on the road wouldnt be to hard for now, I'm uneasy on how the sparks and backfires would look for right now, Im picky on those little details. I'd want the sparks to jump around on the road before disapearing. and the backfires to be 3d instead of 2d, but Im sure they will be in s3 so whatever I first need to by s2 ahaha Im so lazy sometimes
Doesn't GT4 have some pretty ok looking sparks? They bounce a little off the road I think.. maybe copy those or something.
#12 - CSU1
+1, we need sparks
Quote from tristancliffe :Don't think they'd benefit LFS at this stage (like flames), but to be considered a finished product, S3 needs to have such pointless eye candy. So, :up:, but later.

Agreed
Quote from BWX232 :Flames out of the exhaust on downshifts

Not necersarily on downshift, but when the revs of engine go from high to low generally on higher powered cars.
In this video you can hear it, but can't see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFrvMfjgxU4

In fact I can hear it on my lawn mower, but it can't be seen.
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
Back in the day(which was a Wednesday) the SuperTouring cars of the BTCC would put little metal plates on the bottoms of their front splitters for the spark effect during night races. Looked pretty neat indeed.
I swear BTCC is never shown here, which is odd considering BTCC stands for British Touring Car Championship.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG