The online racing simulator
Outgauge conflict/problem
(6 posts, started )
Hi guys
Have a problem with two different external add-ons that i want to run at the same time but LFS wont let me (up to yet), im hoping someone will be able to help.
I currently run Aonio, which inside the LFS CFG file wants the outgauge UDP settings to be like this...

OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 0
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 0
OutGauge ID 0

But i have just installed an external digital dashboard, which wants the UDP settings to be...

OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 10
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 55
OutGauge ID 0

If i have the Outgauge Mode set to 0 Aonio runs but not the digi-dash, and if i set it to 1, the digi-dash works but aspects of Aonio stop working (fuel, speed, RPM and shift beep).
Is there any way around this so i can run both at once fully working?
Cheers guys
OutGauge ID 0

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these can't be the same. Try changing one.
Hmmm, i tried changing the outgauge ID to all numbers 0-9 with different variations of outgauge modes and ports but to no avail.
Are you saying i can put the outgauge information into the CFG file twice?
Like this...

OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 0
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 0
OutGauge ID 0
OutGauge Mode 1
OutGauge Delay 10
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 55
OutGauge ID 1

I think Aonio sorts the outgauge stuff out for its self, and enables it and assigns the correct ports etc, as the readme that comes with Aonio asks you to 'switch it off' (set the OUTGAUGE MODE to '0')
If i enable it so i can use the digi-dash (set the outgauge mode to 1 or 2), when i start Aonio, LFS says something like 'Outgauge already enabled in CFG file', and some information is missing from the Aonio displays.
Yeah, because you can start OutGugage with an InSim ISP_TINY packet.

// DASHBOARD PACKETS (Initialising OutGauge from InSim - See "OutGauge" below)
// =================

// To request Dashboard Packets from the currently viewed car, send this IS_SMALL :

// ReqI : 0
// SubT : SMALL_SSG (Start Sending Gauges)
// UVal : interval (time between updates - zero means stop sending)

// If OutGauge has not been setup in cfg.txt, the SSG packet makes LFS send UDP packets
// if in game, using the OutGauge system as documented near the end of this text file.

// You do not need to set any OutGauge values in LFS cfg.txt - OutGauge is fully
// initialised by the SSG packet.

// The OutGauge packets will be sent to the UDP port specified in the InSimInit packet.

// NOTE : OutGauge packets are not InSim packets and don't have a 4-byte header.

I have no idea if this would conflict with any settings within the cfg file tho.
It conflicts, also you cannot have LFS send OutGauge or OutSim information to multiple ports. I've written a [post=1331791]relay application[/post] for that purpose, see if that helps
Quote from morpha :It conflicts, also you cannot have LFS send OutGauge or OutSim information to multiple ports. I've written a [post=1331791]relay application[/post] for that purpose, see if that helps

Ah ha haaaa! Nice one buddy
Im at work at the moment but will give this a whirl tonight when i get in
Thanks matee

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG