The online racing simulator
DirectX problem
(4 posts, started )
DirectX problem
Hello People

Recently I had a new Acer laptop with Windows 7.

I downloaded LFS into my new computer but when I first opened it, it said that I needed to have DirectX installed.

When I finished installing DirectX 8.1, the LFS application still showed the same message even when I downloaded DirectX 8.1. That can't be! I have properly downloaded DirectX into my new acer. Even the computer states that the installation was successful. Could it be because LFS does not work on Windows 7? LFS did work properly on my previous Samsung Windows Vista Laptop.

Can anyone help out my problem? Help is very much appreciated
#2 - amp88
Quote from Cathay Pacific B-HKD :Could it be because LFS does not work on Windows 7?

LFS works on Windows 7. Is the error "Probable error in graphics driver"? Have you installed graphics drivers on the laptop?
Delete 'cfg.txt' and try again, or manually set a standard (e.g. 1024x768) resolution in the same file.
I know it's a bit late for that, but never install DirectX when you know that you have a never version already installed. Nothing should happen (in theory), but installing DX 8.1 in Win7 which has DX 11 by default is sort of asking for trouble. You might try (re)installing the latest DX version if you cannot solve the problem. Are you sure you have the proper drivers for you graphics card installed?

DirectX problem
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG