The online racing simulator
Aligning across panels of a car
I've spent all my time avoiding it, so I wanted to learn it somehow. Saw this skin (sorry, don't know the LFS forumname), and decided to make a LX4 version of it. How would I go about aligning the parts of the logos? I haven't any idea how to!

Even if I can align one side of a square, the scale, placement, and angle of the other parts don't match!

(see attachment)
Attached images
Untitled-4.jpg
Trial and error. Practise, practise, and more practise. There isn`t any magic formula to it.

Ripping the model wireframes helps, so you can see where the edges lie, or you can download premade templates/wireframes that will give you a guide, but the actual placement is still all down to you.

Practise, practise, **** it up and try it again. That`s all there is to it
As Unseen said its just practice, trial and error.

For starters take a look at this guide by Jaz, this shows what percent each logo/shape needs to be scaled for each panel you may still need to tweak the logo if wraps around a curved surface like near bumper corners, wheel arches etc.

The only way to line them up is position your first logo then save the skin and load it into the cmx viewer (as you did for the ss you posted) then if it isnt alligned correctley move the logo slightly re save and click reload in viewer then just keep repeating this until it is lined up correctly.

It can be very time consuming especially when you pick a skin like the one you have chosen with lots of logos that lap over panel edges. Try using the wireframe to get refrence points where the 2 edges meet this will at least give you a rough idea of were to place it.

Not sure how you sort your layers out but I ususally have a "decal" layer that is only used for the logo's, makes it a lot easier if you miss one that is out of place or not lined up and you need to cut it from the skin to reposition it.

Once you've got one or two lined up you will find it easier, just keep practicing, Good luck and keep us updated
Its annoying especially if the skin is detailed. Just make sure to have CMX viewer up, and after each little adjustment save it to you skins folder and look at it in CMX.
#5 - 5tag
Just ask the creator of the original skin, Justin Ziarko. Conversion should not be a big problem.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG