The online racing simulator
New Trees for LFS
(45 posts, started )
New Trees for LFS
For Blackwood, Westhill, Kyoto, Autocross, Southcity and Aston

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/581935 ... %20%5Bby%20AccAkut%5D.rar

A while back, after installing Lynces brilliant Revolution Pack I noticed that the trees in LFS look somewhat 'dated'.
I've replaced them with high-res trees I found via Google and a lot from photos I shot round my hometown.

The trees do not follow their prefix, so trees from on track tend to appear on others
(i.e SO has no single tree texture of its own, uses KY and BL ones) I tried to pay attention to that.
Attached images
greentreeinvasion.jpg
I can't really help you but I just wanted to post in order to encourage you to continue. Even as work in progress, this has great potential I think.
they look good, but because the trees are drawn by two intersecting polygons(?), i imagine they'll always look funny until they do some sort of environs update.
-
(ACCAkut) DELETED by ACCAkut : made of fail :)
Just paint each tree a wildly different colour, or remove the texture from the dds folder and isolate each texture. Infact, I did that once, looked quite funny
Or use procmon, here's a list for BL1 (probably for all of Blackwood)
BWskysunny1_E.dds
GrnStndATEST.dds
RALYarmco.dds
BWgrasspit1.dds
BWmountbit.dds
Treebak2ATEST.dds
BWcurbs1.dds
BWoldroad.dds
BWgrass1.dds
SKP_cone.dds
SKP_conebase.dds
SKP_cone2.dds
Armcoback.dds
BWfence1ALPHA.dds
BWgravel.dds
BWgrassruf1.dds
BW_walls.dds
SKP_HiSpwl.dds
RALY_pole1.dds
polelineALPHA.dds
BWbridge.dds
BW_adback.dds
linesALPHA.dds
BWstonewall3.dds
SKP_HiSpwlATEST.dds
PIT_GFX1_BW.dds
BWpitroad.dds
RALY_Arrows.dds
BW_pits2.dds
BWRalydirt.dds
RALY_mwaysign.dds
CONE_bottom.dds
RALYconcrete3.dds
WSTgrsbldATEST.dds
SKP_concret1.dds
RALY_spATEST.dds
CrowdupATEST.dds
RALY_umbr.dds
pylon2ALPHA.dds
BWwalls2.dds
BW_grassbank.dds
RALY_sp.dds
RALY_pitdor.dds
pylon2ATEST.dds
BW_cp1.dds
BWnewroad.dds
RALY_umbrATEST.dds
Old_Tyres1.dds
circuitinuse.dds
petrlpump1.dds
BWpresswinALPHA.dds
RALY_pole1ATEST.dds
windgen.dds
BW_bgALP24.dds
BWgrassbank31.dds
BWskysunny1_E.dds
WHEEL.dds
BWskysunny1_E.dds
Bale1.dds
Bale1ATEST.dds
ADBACK.dds
Cone_red.dds
Conebase2.dds
Cone_red2.dds
cone_blue.dds
Cone_green.dds
cone_yellow.dds
Cone_orange.dds
Cone_white.dds
Cone2_blue.dds
Cone2_green.dds
Cone2_yellow.dds
signbak2.dds
keepleft.dds
signbak1ATEST.dds
barrier1.dds
shadowALPHA.dds
BWbin1.dds
pitlight.dds
Plight1ALPHA.dds
polystyrene1.dds
concrete7.dds
concrete11.dds
SCtower1ALPHA.dds
SCtower5ALPHA.dds
CITY_stoplite.dds
S_LIGHTS.dds
chalkALPHA.dds
Standmetal1.dds
pressed_met.dds
SCseatATEST.dds
step1ATEST.dds
GS_frame1ATEST.dds
railingATEST.dds
ASTtree1ATEST.dds
HGtrebitsATEST.dds
ASTtree2ATEST.dds
ASTtree3ATEST.dds
WSTtrees6ATEST.dds
floodlite1.dds
speaker1.dds
caravan.dds
amulance.dds
tent.dds
DaisyATEST.dds
tunel_lite.dds
lorry2.dds
BWbushes5ATEST.dds
freerail.dds
CrowdsitATEST.dds
Scwall3.dds
WSTgrsbitATEST.dds
board1.dds

And out of that, everything with "tree" in its name:
  • Treebak2ATEST.dds
  • ASTtree1ATEST.dds
  • ASTtree2ATEST.dds
  • ASTtree3ATEST.dds
  • WSTtrees6ATEST.dds
#6 - Buzzn
You could try and send a message to the devs. and ask i am pretty sure that they would tell you
#7 - Lynce
@ACCAkut. Looks really, really interesting.

Much encouragement, brother.
For what it`s worth, grab the nvidia dds thumbnail viewer and it`ll make life easier. Saves having to go through each file one at a time looking for foliage

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/dds_thumbnail_viewer.html

could also run DDS Converter to change all current .dds files to .png or .jpg and check thumbnails that way.

The trees and bushes a lot of the time really don`t match up to the regular naming conventions, so it`s a case of looking through the thumbnails for green blobs.

Lemme know if you find a new texture method that kills the vile orange triangular faces on the top of the 1st floor on the autox uni building, and I`ll finally release the rest of the high-res track pack with the autox textures included (although I just know Eric needs to change the mesh first )

Had a look around before (for other game mods) to find some decent tree textures, but there isn`t much around. Best bet is to head out with the camera, take the pics, and put the time into cropping and tidying up the texture as best as possible... .
:edit:
btw, look at the attachment to see what happened when I got a little crazy and changed one of the KYO trees to a red blooming one
Attached images
redtreeinvasion.jpg
Quote from ACCAkut :btw, look at the attachment to see what happened when I got a little crazy and changed one of the KYO trees to a red blooming one

Actually, I quite like the look of that!

EDIT: Ok, just installed them. I will test them out in an hour or so, then will come back here with some Comments.
Umm... it's been a while since i was in the city, but where are your pit boxes?

Trees look interesting. I havn't checked them, but thx for trying
@ JazzOn: the pits begin where the Castrol banner is, I just used a very high FOV for that pic

@French: I think the red one fits Fernbay better, just need more caribbean vegetation in jpeg form to start that track.

at all, did anyone try those I linked to two posts above?
I made experiment with trees long time ago, now it is like this.. Could You help me, PLEASE ?
looks good will def get the final when its done man!
This WIP is simply brilliant! The final missing element to making LFS look amazing.

Good luck with your work
Any change of sharing what you have done upto now, it would be really appreciated.
I haven't done much, the files I linked to above will most likely stay as they are now. I did some for FE tho. Atm one unidentifiable file keeps me from releasing what I have up to now (which will cover KY, AS, BL, SO and the AU area), I made a screenshot of it below.
Attached images
d.jpg
Found a little tutorial about creating trees in 3DSMax. Not exactly off topic so i thought to share it Keep up the good work ACC!
Quote from ACCAkut :I haven't done much, the files I linked to above will most likely stay as they are now.

The files you uploaded to that site are not there anymore.
I think the texture you are looking for might be GWbushes1.dds ?
Dont leave us hanging
Quote from Criminal-Team :I made experiment with trees long time ago, now it is like this.. Could You help me, PLEASE ?

It looks like you've deleted the alpha channel - any chance to revert to standard textures?
Bumpidy Bump + Release (see first post)
'File does not exist'
strange, worked for me all the time. I upload it to rapidshare. Will add link in first post when its ready

its up, but only download-able ten times May someone share some server space?

edit: new upload to load.to, filename was in wrong format (the ' had to be removed)

New Trees for LFS
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG