The online racing simulator
Windows Live Essentials Beta
(18 posts, started )
Hi all,

I just read about a new Beta for Windows Live Essentials (MSN,Movie maker, Sync, Mail, etc.

You can find more info right here: http://windowsteamblog.com/win ... live-essentials-beta.aspx

Dutch version is leaked, I got it installed, it's very bloated, but it looks good, and VERY smooth.

For you XP users, you can not run this. Vista and 7 only.

Have fun with it, I love it so far.
Quote from Bose321 :It's very bloated

This is the reason why i stick well clear of windows live because it's just got to much crap with it which are useless, switched to Miranda about a year ago and have not looked back since.
Quote from Bose321 :Hi all,

I just read about a new Beta for Windows Live Essentials (MSN,Movie maker, Sync, Mail, etc.

You can find more info right here: http://windowsteamblog.com/win ... live-essentials-beta.aspx

Dutch version is leaked, I got it installed, it's very bloated, but it looks good, and VERY smooth.

For you XP users, you can not run this. Vista and 7 only.

Have fun with it, I love it so far.

I tried to install it but it crashed every time about 40% through the install..... I'll wait for the release then I can choose which bits I want to install rather than have to install everything....

thanks though.....
Quote from StableX :I tried to install it but it crashed every time about 40% through the install..... I'll wait for the release then I can choose which bits I want to install rather than have to install everything....

thanks though.....

You can select what you want, on the official page. Works fine.
Tryed to install, it asks for Vista SP2 and some other update i cant remember. Too lazy to update right now, will probably move on to win7 soon, then i would like to try it out.
doesnt work on xp
Quote from mutt107 :did you read his post?

no only found out after downloading it 5 times
Besides, I fully agree with windows, they should stop supporting with XP. Reason for this is (in this case). They use special DX(10) effects, to use less CPU, and more GPU power which makes everything run more smooth, and that function is not possible with XP I've heard, so yeah.
I don't like the mail program compared to the old Outlook Express
Quote from CoolColJ :I don't like the mail program compared to the old Outlook Express

Outlook Express = windows feature
Windows Live Mail = msn feature
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Bose321 :Besides, I fully agree with windows, they should stop supporting with XP. Reason for this is (in this case). They use special DX(10) effects, to use less CPU, and more GPU power which makes everything run more smooth, and that function is not possible with XP I've heard, so yeah.

XP is a widely used OS, this is just M$ pushing people to 7.

And i'm sorry... DX10 in Messenger?! This is why it's such a bloated piece of crap.
XP is ancient now, it's what... eight years old? 7 is a superior OS (I've been using it for a full year now), imo there's no reason not to upgrade.

I'll stick with WLM 14 thanks, partly because I doubt MSN+ supports 15 and partly because 15 looks like a dog's breakfast.
Quote from gtpsharky :XP is ancient now, it's what... eight years old? 7 is a superior OS (I've been using it for a full year now), imo there's no reason not to upgrade.

It could be superior yes, but what if you've got eight years old pc? Definately best choice is Xp, not everyone have fancy new machines.
And still half of my friends are using xp just because of it's simplicity and compitability with some older programs/applications.
what does this program even do?

is it worth getting is basically what im asking
#16 - Jakg
Quote from gtpsharky :XP is ancient now, it's what... eight years old? 7 is a superior OS (I've been using it for a full year now), imo there's no reason not to upgrade.

The new Ford Mondeo is better than the old one. As such, we've decided that were no longer going to make and parts for the old one as it's ancient now. Why wouldn't you upgrade?

I prefer 7... but if you've got an older PC running XP you'd be mad to spend £100 on 7 when you could be saving up for a new PC...

There is no reason why a bloody messaging client should need DX10.
Clicking on the installer I get a memory error. So yeah, I'm fine without it. (W7)
Quote from Jakg :i'm sorry... DX10 in Messenger?! This is why it's such a bloated piece of crap.

++

Quote from Jakg :<car analogy about upgrading>

windows and other windows software developers have been forcing the hardware market for years.

Quote from Jakg :There is no reason why a bloody messaging client should need DX10.

yeah, and there's no reason i should have to buy a quad core with 4gb of RAM, just because vista and 7 use around 1gb to boot to the desktop.

my linux laptop uses less than 100mb to boot to a kde4 desktop, with all of my applications open. my atom-based xp machine uses 500mb to boot to the desktop, and if i open IE, i'm already in swap. both machines have 1gb of RAM.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG