The online racing simulator
About the BF1 Sound
(8 posts, started )
About the BF1 Sound
I'm digging the engine sounds but do the tires sound like that in real life when an F1 car takes a corner? I guess I can only compare this to F1C. What do you guys think of the tire scrub/screach sounds?
I think it might be a little low pitched, but since the intro of grooved tyres, you can hear them screeching in the slower corners.
They usually add scrub sounds in race sims to give you an idea of the limits of grip of the tyre. You wouldn't hear as much sound in a real car, (depending on the road surface) but of course it is easier to feel the grip in real life.
Although I've not really been inclined to criticise the sound in the past, the F1 sound is a bit disappointing. It lacks that sort of sine-wavey shriek that makes them so spine tingling.
it needs higher pitch in Tv-replays.

if it had a "scraching" sound (like nails cutting soft tissue.... "rrggrrgrgr"), it would be perfect!
but right now it sounds pretty good as it is.
IMO it kinda sounds too "soft" or something. Not quite sure how to describe that.
It sounds good from in car, but it doesn't have that same sound it does in RL when the car drives past you standing still. It'd be nearly impossible to recreate that sound without samples though, so this is pretty good. Cars shouldn't be passing you like you're standing still anyway
#8 - wark

About the BF1 Sound
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG