The online racing simulator
BF1 suspension arms bending [fixed]
(29 posts, started )
That would be loading it in the wrong direction then. As for Kimi, he had one suspension failure due to fatigue (drove around with a flatspotted tire for like half an hour) and one due to improper manufacturing (metal end-link came unbonded).
Quote from JJ72 :suspension failure is actually quite common in F1, the most notable example should be ruben's ferrari breaking a suspension arm in hungary and the explanation was "he hitted a curb at an awkward angle."

I believe Kimi had one or two suspension failure in past seasons as well.

suspensions in lfs break just from driving on the straight with rideheight at max!!

Also tested kv oval with normal setups, maximum ride height stiff dampers zero downforce. Just steer a bit too much in the corners and voila damage at low g-forces for a f1 car.

tested at aston national, simply not possible to lap without bending suspension within three laps.

Sout city, eh forget about it. Just tested it again with my pb set and a special testset:
dampers bit softer then avarage
springs average setting
ride height front and rear at max!!! 16 cm' s en 10 cm' s(really impossible with real f1 cars)
First suspension damage within 1 minute en 30 seconds.
Sorry that is not realistic

hmm hungary last year, 21 one other cars did not have suspension damage i assume and also hit the curbs?
Any one watched races ? Driving over curbs is not a problem irl, but it is if curbs are hit at high speed due to loss of downforce.

And no replays, it is so very easy to reproduce the damage, the dev team should test it for them self

pathlvl: u
Could it be the springs being too short (for their stiffness) causing the suspension to bottom out?
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, don't setup the car like that, and don't drive like that. You can't drive unrealistically

Don't always just assume it's LFS at fault

How are we to know how-to setup the car properly, and also not to drive harder so we don't get slow laptimes? I mean... if you drive slowly, how are you to know that you are driving at a safe limit, and besides, the car needs to be pushed to its fullest amount to get a good time... otherwise you just aren't driving hard enough.

Clearly, F1 drivers drive on the limit with their machines, and about the only time they'd probably drive conservatively is to save tires, cool tires, save fuel, and so on. I really don't see them driving cautiously because of fear their suspension might break. That would really occur if they somehow weakened the car's suspension by an impact, flat spot, etc. So saying you cannot drive unrealistically is impossible with LFS, when everyone is trying to go the fastest they possibly can.... for what the game makes possible.

The forces in LFS are immense with the BF1, and before this latest patch, the suspension was too weak, no matter how you setup the car. Scawen made them "stronger", which inturn means they should withstand the forces of cornering better. But it is an improvement from before, but still present.

There are a number of things that you could blame LFS for with this issue, and its not fixed until you take into account the reasons for it happening. First off, the tracks. You look at Aston and it has some hilly sections with very strong impacts for the car. For an F1 car, in reallife this kind of track could be risky (the hilly back section) at high speeds. It doesn't matter if you hit curbs or not, your suspension arms will bend from the cornering forces. That leads to another problem. The carbon arms should not bend, they should snap. Not only that, LFS still needs wheels to fall off. Without suspension components and wheels falling off the chassis, this bug will always be present. And, no matter how hard you can try with the setup of the car, the suspension will always take damage and stress on the lower arms. Clearly that would mean the wheels and lower arms are being pushed inward. And THAT would be impossible to alleviate with a setup, right? Stiffness, anti-roll, ride height, etc... it would all be the job of the upper links of the suspension. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you want to result in using higher tire pressures and lower downforce for less cornering power and bending capabilities, then that would take out the excitement of the BF1 alltogether.

BF1 suspension arms bending [fixed]
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG