The online racing simulator
The internet browser to use
(202 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
As there are alot of intelligent people here reguarding computers and the internet, i pretty much have a straight forward question.

Whats the best browser to use, or what browser do you tend to use?

I fixed up my computer and just using IE at the moment but it gives me the shits.

Im not sure whats good about what broswer, which is why im here.

Opera
Firefox
Chrome
Internet Explorer

Whats the best guys?
#2 - oli17
i'm not an expert but i'd say firefox.

used chrome and it crashed ALOT, never tried opera but don't think its all that amazing and internet explorer has had its issues in the past, like being really easy to hack etc.

so yeah i'd go for firefox
Quote from aoun :As there are alot of intelligent people here reguarding computers and the internet, i pretty much have a straight forward question.

Whats the best browser to use, or what browser do you tend to use?

I fixed up my computer and just using IE at the moment but it gives me the shits.

Im not sure whats good about what broswer, which is why im here.

Opera
Firefox
Chrome
Internet Explorer

Whats the best guys?

Chrome is defiantly the fastest out of the lot, then I think its Opera, then Firefox, then IE..

I personally use Chrome as it has a simple design, it also has extensions like Firefox's addons

But anyway, just use the one u feel comfortable with tbh, a second or so of web page loading doesnt really matter? does it?
Install the latest versions of all 4 + Safari, and see what you like.
Chrome for its simplicity. Firefox is good for adblock. Opera used to be cluttered. If IE wasn't so damn slow it would make a nice browser.
#6 - aoun
After mostly ease and speed. I dont need no fancy plugins etc or cool stuff, just a fast browser that doesnt have many bugs and something with ease that remembers passwords etc best.
Firefox at home, IE 7 at work (because although we have Firefox at work, they've disabled saved forms). I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how nice IE7 is to use.
Quote from aoun :After mostly ease and speed. I dont need no fancy plugins etc or cool stuff, just a fast browser that doesnt have many bugs and something with ease that remembers passwords etc best.

Well then get Google Chrome, you don't have to install any plugins etc, just the basic browser which does what you want
Quote from aoun :After mostly ease and speed. I dont need no fancy plugins etc or cool stuff, just a fast browser that doesnt have many bugs and something with ease that remembers passwords etc best.

Then Chrome is definitely what you want
Quote from obsolum :Then Chrome is definitely what you want

+1 To that
I have used firefox since its release, IE will always suck , Then one time my firefox stopped working so I downloaded chrome to find out what the problem was but...
Now its the only browser I use

Soo much faster than FireFox IMO, Double click chrome and firefox.. Chrome is bout 2 secs faster to open...
Loading the same page chrome will be first to finish loading it
Chrome Simple, fast, do you need anything more?

Quote from sil3ntwar :If IE wasn't so damn slow it would make a nice browser.

IDK, 'cos once I opened a link, and it opened the goddamn IE, I was like WTF?, but it opened the link and new tabs fast. I mean not as fast as the others, but at least 3-4 times faster than the IE6...
#12 - aoun
Currently using Firefox and Chrome.

I didnt like Opera at all and happy that im using something other than IE.

Ill end up using one or the other most of the time.

I guess each browser is different in their own way. All have good features.

I like how Chrome has its downloads at the bottom of the screen and no pop up downloads.
Firefox all the way, i actually havnt used any other except IE but Firefox still just seems to be the right choice.
I use Safari myself, very quick and simple to use Although I have Firefox as a backup for those certain times when Safari can't display images or play videos (darn you apple)
#15 - Jakg
Quote from hazaky :Firefox all the way, i actually havnt used any other except IE but Firefox still just seems to be the right choice.

...so you've never tried any of the other options, but you still recommend Firefox anyway?

Great advice

Personally, I like Chrome - but everyone is different. It wont kill you to install all of them and give them a try.
#16 - AMB
I used Opera for a long period of time, and it's fast etc but I changed to Firefox simply because of the addons etc.

Oh and avoid IE, it absolutely sucks in every aspect.
It's been a long time since I used Opera, back then adblocking and certain popular multimedia extensions were very clunky to use. I also disliked it not having ctrl/shift+enter shortcuts for .com, .net and .org.

Last time I tried Chrome it was still in development, it was simple and fast but I think it was the UI layout I didn't like so much.

My IE loads slowly, has a bad layout, feels clunky and doesn't have the .extension shortcuts. I haven't looked at adblocking options for it, internally it doesn't block everything I'd like it to.

Firefox with no addons loads fast and runs fast. It has the .extension shortcuts and if it doesn't display something, a "respectable" addon is available. Adblocking and NoScript are awesome.

No experience with Safari, FF comes out tops for me.
#18 - Vain
I enjoy using Opera because it can take up a very small amount of space and of course reacts very quickly to user input. I very much dislike waiting for the web-engine to finally show me what it downloaded two tenths of a second ago and Opera is one of the options that minimizes the wait.

I attached a screen of my Opera-layout. Notice that, beside the tabs, it only has 2 (two) buttons.

Vain
Attached images
Opera.PNG
I use Opera, mainly because I got used to it and because of its integrated E-Mail client, which I find very useful.
I'm with Opera 10.60 Alpha right now and I love it. I have Opera 10.50 on another PC with WinXP and it's been working perfectly since I installed it. The UI is pretty minimalistic and gets out of the way and I believe that it's even faster than Chrome. It's definitely worth a shot.
Opera has always been the best browser, but I just can't live without Firefox adblock.
Currently the answer is none.

IE is crap for all of its compatibility problems. Maybe they'll improve in the future.
Firefox is not responsive, buggy and you get tempted by extensions which make it even more unstable.
Chrome is kind of good, but it's by google who spies on you and misses some features I'd like
Opera was until recently the best browser, but for the last few years it has really started to go downhill with lots of pointless features arriving aimed for 'n00bs'. It has also started to get more unstable and there are many bugs that haven't been fixed (altough it's not as worse as IE/Firefox).

Overall, I would still choose Opera. It's fast, has probably all the features you need without extensions, also has support for stuff you maybe don't use often enough to have a dedicated application for (torrent, email, irc, rss etc.). It also has support for syncing your settings and bookmarks with other computers.

I'd say that the best 'just browser' currently is Chrome but as said before, you're telling the google empire even more than they already know about you (which is a lot).
So far i'm pretty pleased with FF, takes a second to load most of the pages.
Quote from Lible :I'd say that the best 'just browser' currently is Chrome but as said before, you're telling the google empire even more than they already know about you (which is a lot).

Oh noes, Google knows what sites I visit and what searches I do? Who the hell cares, seriously? It's not like your every move on the internet can't be tracked if you use any of the other browsers People these days are way too paranoid about stuff like this.
Quote from -NightFly- :So far i'm pretty pleased with FF, takes a second to load most of the pages.

That mostly depends on your connection.

(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG