The online racing simulator
Better framerates?
(20 posts, started )
Better framerates?
Is it just me, or is the framerates vastly improved? I've had mates agreeing on this as well. Anybody else seeing this?

I've gone from averaging about 60ish to 100+.

Did Scawen pull a rabbit out of his hat, again?
I noticed a great change.
hmmm though i was imagining it up until now ... turns out it might be the truth after all
I was thinking that as well mate, it really is smooth as glass. I was sitting in the middle of a huge grid and my FPS hardly even budged.
Actually, my FPS has gone down, along with a friend of mine's =/ Ah well.. I'm still in the 40-70FPS bracket, so I'm fine :P
I think my average FPS went down, but I'm not sure...
#7 - IKHAM
Yes i do believe it has gone up. On average i was getting about 50 now it seems to have increased to 70. Sweet!

On the other hand, i seem to have lost shadows and the racing line shading.
yea mine used to b rubbish when i joined servers with like 15+ people and now it seemed to handle it well
Its a little better, yeah.
Mine's dropped, was averaging 35-40 earlier..used to be 50+ :s
Mine bottomed out when I tried briefly. May have to do with the fact that you couldn't get more than 6 people in a race in the US evenings the past several months and now the servers are full. I just bought this PC, and maxed everything, but didn't run with many online to test it. So, today was a true test and showed me the fact that my PC can't handle my settings with full grids...

I'm dialup, so, no skins downloaded yet. So the compressed skins aren't an issue or help for me.
Compared to the previous version - used to be about 75-85 with mirrors on, no cars in sight.

Turning mirrors on and off makes for about a 20fps difference.

Now it is roughly 70-80 around track without mirrors.

Something that didn't happen before is, when seeing the start/finish stretch of most tracks, it goes down extremely much - from maybe 75 on average without mirrors to 25-30.

New advertising related? I don't know. No graphical changes seem to work in bringing it up from this crawl on those stretches. The South City tracks seem to be exceptions, no noticable slowdown on them. But Aston Grand Prix for example, becomes very hard to drive when the home stretch comes into view in any manner.
Haha, the first thing TH84 said to was that his frame rates were better i guess there better then
Yeah.. Mine definetly went up. I kinda wish I retained a copy of S2Q and logged average frames with fraps... Hm.. I think I should do that.
same for me as on Q..about 60
I got an improvement, 10-15fps before, while it is 25-30 now
A lot better on my laptop now, about 100fps probably about double.

Dan,
I also must say that FPS went UP rapidly, I got approx 15 more FPS than in Q. Really sweet!
well....lets see, better...not quite, im now on lower than 10fps at all times...dont look like ill be playing this patch much...oh well, lfs was fun while my pc lasted.

Better framerates?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG