The online racing simulator
Aches when using G25 sequential shifter
Hope I've chosen the right place for this.

I really enjoy driving using a sequential shifter, and have done for a while. But for some reason, it makes my arm ache slightly after a while. I figured it was just something I had to get used to, and after putting up with it for a while, my arm would feel fine.

However it's been months now, and it still happens. The gear stick is right next to my wheel, at the exact same height. My chair is also broken, and so I can't raise it. Would my chair being too low cause something like that? Or is it something else?

Thanks.
If the shifter is lower than your shoulder then it should be fine. Otherwise, you need to replace your chair!
It's not... New chair it is. Thanks.
I don't know if you need to replace your chair.. it seems like the problem is that you have the wheel and shifter on the same level, so the shifter is unrealistically high.

If you can, find a seperate small table or something so you can have the shifter at a more comfortable, lower level. I have my shifter on a seperate table about 20cm lower than my main desk, which works fine
yea sounds like your elbow is lower than the shifter therefore forearm and hand are pointing up. if your lifting your arm up to be at same level that could make you ache.

i have this problem but i rarely use shifter and i normally get pins and needles in that hand when i was on r2r shifter server i got pins and needles after 2 races lol
My shifter is level with my wheel, But fortunately no pains for me
I agree with what everyone else says, try find a lower mounting point for your shifter, something which I have not been able to do yet, keep asking mother bear to buy a table, but she refuses =[
#7 - dadge
Quote from jakeeatworld :My shifter is level with my wheel, But fortunately no pains for me
I agree with what everyone else says, try find a lower mounting point for your shifter, something which I have not been able to do yet, keep asking mother bear to buy a table, but she refuses =[

maybe get pappa bear to make one?
Quote from JO53PHS :I don't know if you need to replace your chair.. it seems like the problem is that you have the wheel and shifter on the same level, so the shifter is unrealistically high.

If you can, find a seperate small table or something so you can have the shifter at a more comfortable, lower level. I have my shifter on a seperate table about 20cm lower than my main desk, which works fine

It's about time I replaced my chair anyway. I'm supposed to be able to adjust the height of it, but that mechanism's broken, so it keeps gliding back down to where gravity thinks it should be. I'm tired of reading books at chest height anyway.

As for the lower table, I'll have to think about that... Might even get the shifter into my left hand that way. Thanks.
I had wrist aches from having my shifter mounted next to my wheel on the desk.

Plus sitting @ a desk while driving didn't feel very natural for me,So I found some wood for next to nothing & the drivers seat out of my spare car(it's not on the road,so don't freak...its a wreck!)Then knocked myself up a Sim rig.

But most of all the shifter is now mounted on the left side,About 15cm down & sits about the same height as my knee's.
No more wrist aches...

(Almost feels about the same posture as when i drive in real life.)
Laid Back & CruZin!!
Quote from dadge :maybe get pappa bear to make one?

Anything Pappa bear touches falls apart.
Seriously.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG