The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2010 Round 4: Race Discussion
The Speedweeks 400 is this Saturday, 12 June.

Discuss it here !

Timetable for the event:

16:55 Qualifying (60 minute window, each car gets one attempt at an outlap, 2 hotlaps and an inlap. Fastest lap stands)
18:00 Race (200 laps, first two parade / pace laps; 3 hour time limit)

Teams allowed a 4th car (Based off of LFSCART Light Speedweeks 250):

Epic Racing
Tiger Express Motorsports
White Tiger Express Motorsports
Zoom Competition

The final pitstal (closest to pit exit) Is reserved for Car 58 only. Other drivers pitting in this box will not earn owner's championship points for this round.
Surprisingly, I'm shooting people again

Luckily I become a reservist in just a month. Tee hee hee.
Quote from hyntty :Surprisingly, I'm shooting people again

Luckily I become a reservist in just a month. Tee hee hee.

so you're not racing? ... Ok... I'll take the #36 instead of #35 then.
1 - Teams allowed to run their four cars listed in OP.

2 - The final pitstall (closest to end of pitlane, with numbers 31 and 32 above) is reserved for Car 58 only.

3 - PMs have been sent.

See you at the track !
Quote from nikopdr :Session: Race
Lap and Timecode: Lap 3 - 3.30min
Cars involved: 42, 88, 99
Brief Description of incident: 99 causing an avoidable incident, by being too much inside, on the unsmooth area. Causes 42 to hit 99 in the rear. 88 comes and drives, carelessly, hits 42 on the sidepod WITHOUT EVEN ATTEMPTING TO BRAKE, which results in 42, 88, 99 spinning and 42 DNF.

From my point of view JJ appears to have lost his rear end on the high side and straight comes down into my direction. I backed off to avoid hitting JJ, and then the chaos emerged behind me... Not much more I could do, sorry for your DNF though.

I'd like to apologise for sending you into a spin mid-race, Kevin, that was a bit harsh.

Apart from that, nice and clean racing, really enjoyed it! Well done everyone.
Quote from LianeS :...I'd like to apologise for sending you into a spin mid-race, Kevin, that was a bit harsh.

Apart from that, nice and clean racing, really enjoyed it! Well done everyone.

No worries, you did a fine job, and will be good in the 500.
Good race for me overall.

However, I'm very sorry to Kev Myers, for our 3 contacts. The one in T1 was because I failed and hit you (I think so atleast, I have difficulties of keeping up when everything happens so quickly), then I was a sort of sitting duck as I sort of had problems to get the car down a gear. I remember we had contact after that too, I felt like a numpty after those. I'm seriously sorry, none of those contacts were intentional, I just had no time to practice at the time the 500 practice sessions were on this week, so I guess most of my mistakes were caused by my inexperience with oval racing/races. Really sorry.
Very good race. The race was 20 minutes shorter than last year, and twice more people finished in the lead lap for the same number of starter. These are pretty much good signs on the standards.
Sorry to people who I may appear to have brake-tested, I could do nothing about my brake pedal, as I arrived late, I didn't have time to calibrate my wheel, and the axis were all wrong.

Sorry to Seb as well, it is not in my intentions to cause a collision or risk anything against my team-mate, if it appears that way, but I felt I did nothing different in the kink, it all happened too quickly, and my concentration was gone after half-distance. Still, anything I say doesn't make up for dropped constructors points.

Moving onto the 500...
It was fun to hear about the brake every 5 minutes though, haha. Good Job everyone great race!

Quote from SCA-F1 :Sorry to people who I may appear to have brake-tested, I could do nothing about my brake pedal, as I arrived late, I didn't have time to calibrate my wheel, and the axis were all wrong.

Sorry to Seb as well, it is not in my intentions to cause a collision or risk anything against my team-mate, if it appears that way, but I felt I did nothing different in the kink, it all happened too quickly, and my concentration was gone after half-distance. Still, anything I say doesn't make up for dropped constructors points.

Moving onto the 500...

#11 - Ori
Quote from nikopdr :Session: Race
Lap and Timecode: Lap 3 - 3.30min
Cars involved: 42, 88, 99
Brief Description of incident: 99 causing an avoidable incident, by being too much inside, on the unsmooth area. Causes 42 to hit 99 in the rear. 88 comes and drives, carelessly, hits 42 on the sidepod WITHOUT EVEN ATTEMPTING TO BRAKE, which results in 42, 88, 99 spinning and 42 DNF.

I had the choice between braking and risking getting hit from behind or expecting people to phokkin not waste it in the first lap. I chose the second, which obviously was the wrong choice. This is not meant not be an excuse though. My reaction should have been better, no doubt.

Grats to Raven I guess after 2 poles it was just fair to have the win following.

The race wasn't bad. The standard so far is a bit higher than last year.
Quote from SCA-F1 :Sorry to people who I may appear to have brake-tested, I could do nothing about my brake pedal, as I arrived late, I didn't have time to calibrate my wheel, and the axis were all wrong.

Moving onto the 500...

I know it wasn't intentional. Why risk the car when you can save the tyres?
@Mike: Wow, I got told that was a lag crash, but looking at that replay, I'm totally at fault.. :/ I'm really sorry for that collision, I have no idea what I was doing, I really shouldn't have been in that race after 120~ laps and caused two collisions in a short space of time, so sorry for that, and I totally deserve a penalty for ruining your race and hurting your championship.

But you don't need to hear that...
-
(CARRERA GT) DELETED by CARRERA GT
With respect to the commentators, please find some new words to describe behaviour other than "stupid" and "idiotic." All too often you attacked the racer and not the maneuver. I don't believe than any of the racers in Round 4 were actually stupid.

I know that the on-air talent don't have the luxury of replay to analyze an incident to death like real life TV 'experts' have, but still make snap and very harsh assessments of the conduct. Yes, you have a tough job, but so do the racers, cut them a little slack. Let the other racers call names and insults, I think that the commentators should be a little above that. I don't want you to not call a "spade a spade" but please make sure that it's not something else. Because the commentators are typically well respected racers in LFS, their words carry significant weight. Maybe all that's really at stake is hurt feelings and damaged LFS reputations, but some people value these things.

Anyway, LFS broadcasting has come quite a way since the earliest days, and I'm sure that most of us appreciate the work that goes into these productions. I hope my mild criticism is taken in the spirit it was given.

As for my race, I was hopelessly outclassed by just about everyone. I was even lapped by Saidl fairly early on, but I was able to get it back after his unfortunate pitstop. I went with 100% fuel to give myself the maximum chance to catch a lucky caution period and was able to stay on the lead lap by taking my pitstop during the second (third?) caution period. I was able to keep myself out of trouble (mostly) during the rash of yellows and I found a reliable drafting partner in Yann Laprevotte (thanks for the kind words during your post-race interview). We were able to catch Nathan L, but the three of us couldn't seem to work together. We got pretty aggressive and Nathan clipped a wall after I got a little wide. Late in the race, Yann lost the draft, and I ended up 7th, almost getting lapped again. A very successful race for a oval noob, and a big step up from the KY250.
I admit that the commentator made a mistake saying that ive done a very stupid move causing a crash on my team mate.
But at that moment of time he didn t know that my PC had fail, after that i got an appology from the commentator when he actually knew the score.
Thx for the Apology, i know that no one is perfect, keep the good job guys, and maybe less predjujement would be even better.
Quote from SCA-F1 :@Mike: Wow, I got told that was a lag crash, but looking at that replay, I'm totally at fault.. :/ I'm really sorry for that collision, I have no idea what I was doing, I really shouldn't have been in that race after 120~ laps and caused two collisions in a short space of time, so sorry for that, and I totally deserve a penalty for ruining your race and hurting your championship.

But you don't need to hear that...

Np. I wouldn't report it normally if Domi wouldn't be 4th
#17 - CSF
Quote from CARRERA GT :I admit that the commentator made a mistake saying that ive done a very stupid move causing a crash on my team mate.
But at that moment of time he didn t know that my PC had fail, after that i got an appology from the commentator when he actually knew the score.
Thx for the Apology, i know that no one is perfect, keep the good job guys, and maybe less predjujement would be even better.

Yes apologies again, it was very silly.
Quote from CSF :Yes apologies again, it was very silly.

Not to worry mate, it s nothing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG