The online racing simulator
#1 - Lible
LFS Database Revival - Suggestions

Hello all LFS Database fans!

As most of you hopefully know, the LFS Database is currently being rebuilt from the ashes. Progress is good and we hope to reopen before the end of the summer.

Some features are already completed and many are in the to-do list. I can't talk about any of the new features right now but I can tell you there are quite a few surprises for users.

A lot of thinking has gone into this but we also want to hear the wishes of the users, so if you have anything you didn't like about the old site or anything you did like about the old site or maybe you have a completely original idea, share it with us.

We want to hear all of your thoughts, positive or negative.

There also appears to be some confusion with a certain other site using the lfs database name. I suggest reading the following thread to understand the situation: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67947. This post may also help: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1427331#post1427331
Attached images
logo_about.png
This is getting confusing now.

Are you actually gonna build another LFS database in order to compete against the other one made by Rocky and Bose? Or have you just all agreed on making a brand new project from scrap all together?
Quote from greybull [cha] :this is getting confusing now.

Are you actually gonna build another lfs database in order to compete against the other one made by rocky and bose? Or have you just all agreed on making a brand new project from scrap all together?

+1
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This is getting confusing now.

Are you actually gonna build another LFS database in order to compete against the other one made by Rocky and Bose? Or have you just all agreed on making a brand new project from scrap all together?

Apart from Lible's LFSDB was the original one, before Bose's not-so-good "database"
wat is this?

www.lfsdatabase.net

How can Lible's DB be original, when it does not even exists yet? Also, the old one is down, he builds a new one, so how is that original?
Lible, you just want to interfere with me and rockclan to build your own, and this was the least I expected, quite low from you to be honest...
Quote from Bose321 :wat is this?

www.lfsdatabase.net

How can Lible's DB be original, when it does not even exists yet? Also, the old one is down, he builds a new one, so how is that original?
Lible, you just want to interfere with me and rockclan to build your own, and this was the least I expected, quite low from you to be honest...

i think orginality of db depends not on domain or somthing like this but managment or at least way and ideas its done
and I dont see anything low here
oldnavy shush

The first ever database that died was libles, so he didnt know about your database bose.

But i would still like lible to make one because yours bose.. well. its good an all but wouldnt be as good imo.

Reminds me of the old IndyCar/ChampCar schism somehow

One thing is clear, this is only gonna bring confusion, especially if the domain names are similar.
Quote from Bose321 :wat is this?

www.lfsdatabase.net

For a start, the original address is http://www.lfs-database.com/, so get your facts right before you make a fool of yourself.

Secondly, this was the original LFS Database that had been running for many years. It was here long before yours, and Lible has every right to rebuild it and bring back this resource to the community.

He was probably planning to do this all along, but just because you managed to cobble something together faster than him doesn't mean he shouldn't continue with this project.

It's hardly 'low'
This is typical of the LFS community. and it pisses me off,

Someone makes a database calling it LFSdatabase and its used by the community.

It was used but then they lets it die, so it closed down, and no longer worked.

Several people ask why but get no answer, so Rocklan and Bose do another for the community and i pay for the domain and the hosting.

I have nothing to do with it and have no idea who Rocklan or Bose are I simply wanted the database back

Now as soon as it goes live those involved with the old one take the hump and old one suddenly being re-written and the people who built the new one are flamed for doing it.

I have no problem with there being 10 databases but for pitys sake stop flaming people who do things for the community.

We have enough problems with the devs of LFS doing little for us without flaming those who do
I agree with birder.

And Lible, get over it. The current lfsdatabase is good enough.
Quote from JO53PHS :For a start, the original address is http://www.lfs-database.com/, so get your facts right before you make a fool of yourself.

Secondly, this was the original LFS Database that had been running for many years. It was here long before yours, and Lible has every right to rebuild it and bring back this resource to the community.

He was probably planning to do this all along, but just because you managed to cobble something together faster than him doesn't mean he shouldn't continue with this project.

It's hardly 'low'

http://www.lfs-database.com/ does not resolve so at the time of posting its still dead.
Quote from jo53phs :for a start, the original address is http://www.lfs-database.com/, so get your facts right before you make a fool of yourself.

Secondly, this was the original lfs database that had been running for many years. It was here long before yours, and lible has every right to rebuild it and bring back this resource to the community.

It's hardly 'low'

+1
Quote from JO53PHS :For a start, the original address is http://www.lfs-database.com/, so get your facts right before you make a fool of yourself.

It's hardly 'low'

I got my facts right. I only posted my URL to show lible there already is a LFS DB. It is low, because he knows I made one, and once of a sudden he wants it too.

It's hardly 'low'

Well, bose and rockclan were faster. The lfsdatabase is back. Ofcourse he can continue with hes project, but the way hes acting (or it just seems to me?) is like hes tryng to be very competitive and he cant accept the fact that its already here.
Well, one of the things the LFS Database will have, is all the old files that were in the "old" database. And as long as they are good, they will be included there.
Quote from Flame CZE :Well, one of the things the LFS Database will have, is all the old files that were in the "old" database.

Why wouldnt he uplaod the old files into the new database? At this point it gets interesting, lol.
I don't know where would he get them from.
Quote from Flame CZE :Well, one of the things the LFS Database will have, is all the old files that were in the "old" database. And as long as they are good, they will be included there.

Quote from Flame CZE :I don't know where would he get them from.

Why did u say that there are "old files" in there then?

Edit: I mean, whoever has access to old files - why not uploading them to the new lfsdb?
Quote from hazaky :Why did u say that there are "old files" in there then?

Edit: I mean, whoever has access to old files - why not uploading them to the new lfsdb?

I think you miss the point called selfish-ness.
Quote from hazaky :Edit: I mean, whoever has access to old files - why not uploading them to the new lfsdb?

I do not have the rights to upload the files from the original LFS Database to any other site.
Quote from Bose321 :I think you miss the point called selfish-ness.

Thanks for the correction.

So yeah, is this how everyone is nowadays? As there is one lfsdatabse done already, why cant u guys help? Same with the files, i mean ... i personally dont care about the files, but why not uploading them? Or its like "my site, my files! *cryalot*" thing?

Edit: Lible, who does?

Edit: The "right to copy" should be decided by the authors of these mods i assume.
Quote from hazaky :Edit: Lible, who does?

The authors and possibly the original uploaders if they also had the right to upload it to other sites.

I suggest reading my previous posts on the subject to understand why I am not cooperating with Bose and rockclan.
it seems it's a competition about fame...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG