The online racing simulator
Rossi out for 3 months
(123 posts, started )
Watch a world superbike race then you will realise how crap motogp is. Especially when WSBK is less than a second a lap slower.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Watch a world superbike race then you will realise how crap motogp is. Especially when WSBK is less than a second a lap slower.

Proof? Race lap times are the only comparison as MotoGP does not have qualifying tyres.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Watch a world superbike race then you will realise how crap motogp is. Especially when WSBK is less than a second a lap slower.

MotoGP have to use a race tyre for qualifying but WSB has a qualifying tyre.

British GP: Silverstone

MotoGP: 2'03.308
WSB: 2'04.091

Dutch GP: Assen

MotoGP: 1'34.515
WSB: 1'34.944

They are the only ones i can find where the two classes race on the same track, they race Phillip Island but MotoGP has that race towards the end of their season.

EDIT: looking back at the season where they had to use a qualifying tyre in MotoGP (2008/9 season) they are slower then this years pole time
Even still Moto GP is meant to be the Formula One of bikes. Only being a couple of seconds slower than a world superbike is pretty poor. But they are going back to 1000cc in a couple of years so they will get faster but that doesn't change grid sizes and quality of racing.

From memory the fastest WSBK lap at silverstone was in the 2'05 range with the MotoGP fastest lap at 2'03.526. Imagine if Formula One had another series lapping a circuit this close to their times!
The Doctor is to ride for Ducati in 2011 and 2012.
we knew this months ago xD

just the piece of paper got released

burgess and the rest wanna stay with yam and will end up working with spies
We didnt know, we speculated.
Quote from DevilDare :We didnt know, we speculated.

as soon as rossi said its either me or lorenzo is when we knew.

yamaha wanted rossi to take a pay cut, only to find out that that money was going onto holding lorenzo and giving him a pay rise.

so you knew rossi was going to ducati for 15m a year
IMO its good because it allows spies to get to the front of the feild and the title comptetion will be better.
It's good because MotoGP has a story to keep people's interest! Yesterday's race was so boring it just acted as a filler until the real story arrived post chequered flag.
Moto GP is never boring imo
Quote from Valentino Rossi :It is very difficult to explain in just a few words what my relationship with Yamaha has been in these past seven years. Many things have changed since that far-off time in 2004, but especially ‘she', my M1, has changed. At that time she was a poor middle-grid position MotoGP bike, derided by most of the riders and the MotoGP workers. Now, after having helped her to grow and improve, you can see her smiling in her garage, courted and admired, treated as the ‘top of the class'.

The list of the people that made this transformation possible is very long, but I would like to thank anyway Masao Furusawa, Masahiko Nakajima and ‘my' Hiroya Atsumi, as representatives of all the engineers that worked hard to change the face of our M1. Then Jeremy Burgess and all my guys in the garage, who took care of her with love on all the tracks of the world and also all the men and women that have worked in the Yamaha team during these years.

Now the moment has come to look for new challenges; my work here at Yamaha is finished. Unfortunately even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time on the grass at Welkom, when she looked straight in my eyes and told me ‘I love you!'

:cry:
main question

how the fk are u gonna get his yellow on the red bike xD

this was a pic i found on the net someone made xD

gotta be more yellow in there somewhere
Quote from Intrepid :It's good because MotoGP has a story to keep people's interest! Yesterday's race was so boring it just acted as a filler until the real story arrived post chequered flag.

Despite the fact the Yamaha is dominate this season and there isn't many bikes in the field, there is soo many riders in the feild now that are capable of getting a title given they Have a decent bike.

Imagen if the top 3 Teams are equal in speed next season and you got:
Lorenzo
Spies
Rossi
Stoner
Pedrosa
Dovizioso(possibly)

All fighting for the title, its pretty much the Golden Gen.
Quote from BreadC :main question

how the fk are u gonna get his yellow on the red bike xD

Easily, you just put it on....
Quote from BlueFlame :Easily, you just put it on....

those 2 colors dont really go together...

and it HAS to look good not jus looking crappy
Quote from BreadC :those 2 colors dont really go together...

and it HAS to look good not jus looking crappy

Well the 46 yellow doesn't exactly 'go' with the Repsol livery either and they put it on the Honda, so what's the big deal over a colour?
Quote from BlueFlame :Well the 46 yellow doesn't exactly 'go' with the Repsol livery either and they put it on the Honda, so what's the big deal over a colour?

rossi has his own company now "VR46" which holds his image rights, personal sponsorship and merchandising. ducati cant touch that. but jus rossi being associated with ducatis you will prob see a rise in their sales etc.. u cant see what ducati profit is now as they have been off the market since 2007.

did u see rossi do very many adverts with yamaha bikes? sure he flew to places and demonstrated occasionally, but yamaha were not allowed to use his image rights for very many things. rossi dictates how his image is used.

so it is imperitive that they get it right, of course people will prob buy it anyway, but they want to make it look good and get the combinations right.

rossi earns equal/more from merchandising and personal sponsors than what ducati are paying him.

thats jus my 2 cents
Maybe a yellow Ducati?

Rossi's first NSR500 was yellow, as was the Camel M1.
Quote from BreadC :rossi has his own company now "VR46" which holds his image rights, personal sponsorship and merchandising. ducati cant touch that. but jus rossi being associated with ducatis you will prob see a rise in their sales etc.. u cant see what ducati profit is now as they have been off the market since 2007.

did u see rossi do very many adverts with yamaha bikes? sure he flew to places and demonstrated occasionally, but yamaha were not allowed to use his image rights for very many things. rossi dictates how his image is used.

so it is imperitive that they get it right, of course people will prob buy it anyway, but they want to make it look good and get the combinations right.

rossi earns equal/more from merchandising and personal sponsors than what ducati are paying him.

thats jus my 2 cents

That has nothing to do with what I asked..
i cba to go into flame war with u. your not worth my time goodbye
Wait a second.. red and yellow don't go along well? I think it looks just fine.

Besides they could always put some black on the Duc.

:detective
Quote from BreadC :i cba to go into flame war with u. your not worth my time goodbye

Racing isn't about colours, I'd happily race in a white car with a white helmet. Doesn't matter what colour it/he is, aslong as it/he goes like stink.

Rossi out for 3 months
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG