The online racing simulator
I'm New. What are some forgiving servers?
I've currently got a Demo license, but will purchase a S2 license before too long. love the design of the game, and love the way it runs on a non-gaming PC.

I'm still getting up to speed (literally) with the demo, and still 5 or more seconds from WR laptimes. I'd much rather play online than against the robotic AI.

However, I don't want to be *that guy* who gets yelled at for ruining hot laps through simple mistakes. I'm serious about the game, serious about things like blue flags, etc...but this is not the most forgiving community.

Anyway, can anyone name specific, current, servers that would be welcoming? I'll buy the S2 license sooner if necessary. I'm in Canada, and I'm interested in drop-in racing. Not a lot of time for these 2-3 hour events like my friend Deadwolfbones has been telling me about. Currently doing most of my laps in the FBM car.
#2 - AMB
Simple, single player, maybe use some AI, although they are stuck to the racing line so if you go for a pass make sure you can make it because they wont move for you.
Servers for beginners
Try Redline Racing servers number 1 or 2, both demo.

As long as you read the rules and keep out of the way of the experienced drivers until you are up to speed, you should find it a good place to learn.

I can give you some help, I'm on as an admin there quite a lot, RedlineQuinn is my nickname.
setupgrid.net has some setups.
Quote from JackSun :Try Redline Racing servers number 1 or 2, both demo.

As long as you read the rules and keep out of the way of the experienced drivers until you are up to speed, you should find it a good place to learn.

I can give you some help, I'm on as an admin there quite a lot, RedlineQuinn is my nickname.

Thank you for the invite. I just attempted to join one of the servers - I don't remember which one of the two - and encountered a problem.

There were no other players on the server. I joined and was presented with a start screen for the server, where i could join the race, or go to the garage. Your pop up message was in the middle of the screen.

Problem was, I could not continue from this point. I couldn't get the pop up to disappear, I could not click on anything to go to the garage.

I could not even alt-tab away from this screen. Crtl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager didn't work - the task manager was hidden behind lfs. I ended up having to reboot. First time LFS crashed on me.
Redline servers
Strange, when you join an empty server you should see a redline information panel which you can remove by just left clicking on it (this is mentioned at the bottom of the panel)

You should then be left with the standard LFS screen you see on any empty server. From there you can select Join Race (near top left) and then select Ready (bottom Right), or go to the garage.

I have never heard of anyone crashing when trying to join a Redline Server, it's all pretty much standard setup along with the Airio addon which seems to be running fine on many servers.

Please try again and if you are still having problems Visit our website at

www.Team-Redline.co.uk

where you leave a message on our forums.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG