The online racing simulator
Windows 7 - can't capture screenshot
So, I finally got the Windows 7. It's so great, no problems at all. Running well on my new PC.

But there is a one little issue now. I can't "Print Screen" while I'm in LFS, or any other simulation/ game. I just got black image.

Any thoughts? Maybe somebody got the same problem.
64bit system.

(ignore Fraps)
Are you sure W7 installed recent drivers for your graphics card? Have you fully updated W7 after installation? I'm just guessing here, but it seems like a graphics driver/Direct3D related problem. Can you take a screenshot of a 2D app?
Well, yes. I can capture 2D programs. But the problem starts when I launch any game and so on.
lfs has it's own screen capturing method...

Quote :CTRL+S - Save screenshot in LFS-DIR\data\shots

Yes, right. But I'm trying to do the same thing with easy programs like Gadwin PrintScreen or Lightscreen. Little, great programs, but I just can't get them take screenshots from in-game action.

Drivers seems to be installed okay.
I found something. The guy says that with this program, named ScreenGrab, he can take screens... Try it and let us know. And he says that hotkey is Alt+F12, so you don't have to search.
EDIT: Also found this:
Quote :Vista and Windows 7 do what's known as indirect rendering. That's why they can show you previews of your applications in the task bar and such. That's almost certainly why the printscreen key doesn't work... it's grabbing a buffer that isn't really what you're seeing.

The guy says that FRAPS help, but you say you can't do it even with it?
most computers have a Prnt Scrn button that captures the screen if that didnt work idk
Never had any difficulty with it, works fine on Vista Business SP2 x86 (GPU = FireGL V5700) and Win7 Ultimate x64 (GPU = R4870X2) for me.
Works here on Vista.
Quote from Mustangman759 :most computers have a Prnt Scrn button that captures the screen if that didnt work idk

from the first post....
Quote from PioneerLv :

I can't "Print Screen" while I'm in LFS, or any other simulation/ game. I just got black image.

print screen doesn't work.
I always had the same problem, not being able to print screen my games while in Full Screen.
Being in Windowed mode, it works, however.
I do have it in some other games, but not LFS. No idea what's wrong.
Now it looks like a pretty popular problem. Maybe someone got an idea how to fix that?
Post #6. Try ScreenGrab. That's what I found. Or you can try with xfire.
Does the "CTRL+S" method work in LFS? What graphics card and drivers version do you have? Do you have Aero running? If you do, does switching it off help?
#17 - Dmt
I have also black screen with prnt screen, but I always though its because of fraps which takes pics also with prnt screen button.
Print Screen works fine on my W7 box (64bit). Maybe it's down to gfx drivers / vendor?
Can those of you having this problem post your detailed specs? I wonder what is it you have in common...

EDIT: If you switch LFS to windowed mode, can you take a screenshot then?
I've seen this problem sometimes with pretty much every windows version since 95.

It doesn't happen on every install and I've never found out the exact cause, but it's probably driver related.
Maybe it's only on cracked versions?
Unless the crack has something to do with DirectX it's not possible. It's just an idea, but are OpenGL based games affected too?
Quote from MadCatX :Unless the crack has something to do with DirectX it's not possible. It's just an idea, but are OpenGL based games affected too?

Yeha it would be a little strange if a crack did that to the OS tbh.

And i have never heard of this problem either :O Didnt even know it existed.. Tried installing the newest driver?
Well... IDK... I'm on XP Pro, orig. and I never had anything similiar... Could be only on Vista and 7, but we need more info to see what is similiar to those OS's/systems that could make that prob....
Maybe they're using same GPU series and only with them prob occurs... Maybe it's just that their PCs are laaazyyy a$$.
I have the exact same problem with my w7, i thought i was the onlyone
I haven't bothered to google for solution though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG