The online racing simulator
LFS big jump record! (26 cars)
(40 posts, started )
#1 - delis
#2 - Hahmo
Awww man, good that you got this video out so soon.
It was great being in teh front btw

Grats for the record!
Me is 2nd. YEAAAHHH!!!!
BTW, awesome jump. Great job everyone!
OMG, best video ever.

Although the hay bales didn't really do their job properly.
"Great!"

I mean to say, I am not extremely impressed. Sure congrats (sincerely) on jumping 26 cars, and holding the "record". But for the video, style of jump and a few other things I am not impressed much. I can't say it is terrible, but impressing me would be doing this in a sense that at least seems physically possible and safe. You just died. There is no way the driver survived that.

Also eliminate all variables with the record. Cars lining up on a server is first of all something that needs to be coordinated well (nice job on that) and can go wrong. Second people could have more / less gap between cars. I did notice you had them bumper to bumper, but even then there are discrepancies with them.

My suggestion is using stacks of tires aligned to the LFS layout grid. place four white, then a blue. Then four white ... so on...

The primary turn-off for me though is the act of killing yourself/driver. I get it is not real-life and nobody got hurt, but it breaks the illusion and thus immersion from the simulation, at least for me. So if I was to do this, I'd also have the rule that the driver must land on four tires, no rolling and remain under control (to some degree) when landing. IE- being able to stop the car.

As well as the 'launch' crashing into a car and using the lag/physics to boost up is another immersion break.

Anyways, those are my two-cents and feelings. Not a bad job though, so congrats.
black, you are absolutely right, but hey, it was fun.
'Twas fun!
Dude, thats great. Nice Guys, pretty fun
i don't mean to badmouth either, but can it be done without a weird setup and using the first car as a ramp (IE: using a real ramp)?

Next time 31-cars? No one can out-do that!

As for using the ramps (in Bl), can you get so much air off them?

Anyway, it was fun
Quote from bunder9999 :i don't mean to badmouth either, but can it be done without a weird setup and using the first car as a ramp (IE: using a real ramp)?

I think it is easily possible, just place ramps then tires in front of them, take the UFR and jump over 35 cars without problems except one, there are only 32 max places on Blackwood.

But why make it so easy? It is not interesting... This is the way I like.
But yeah, it could be more precise... Maybe some day I'll beat it in a smoother way if people wouldn't be so laggy and no one in a hurry...

EDIT: And of course, everyone who registered comes not like this time, when some people without any message did not come... so I had to take people without registering...
Quote from Silverracer :

Next time 31-cars? No one can out-do that!

As for using the ramps (in Bl), can you get so much air off them?

Anyway, it was fun

Yes, you can. If me and/or Ales are the ones who build the layout.
#13 - Zay
Great job!!!
I wish I could have been there! :P
Yeh, me too, but I had to go out minutes before the start.

Anyway, it looks like it went out great.
Quote from broken :
Anyway, it looks like it went out great.

Sure did! Twice!
Attached images
lfs00001255.jpg
Quote from Hahmo :Whats those flags on XRT's?

I saw these skins when I was in the server, but not on Delis' replay. Was wondering why...

I didn't download the XRT_stunt skin from the signup thread. So when I joined the server, it downloaded a "XRT_stunt" skin from LFSW. Apparently its a [MTDZX] team skin
Attached images
lfs00001256.jpg
Cool jump, do it with a ramp next time,

So Broken, you have your own server now ?
Sweet, more cars, more!
Looks awesome delis. Sorry i couldnt be there.
Quote from delis :I think it is easily possible, just place ramps then tires in front of them, take the UFR and jump over 35 cars without problems except one, there are only 32 max places on Blackwood.

But why make it so easy? It is not interesting... This is the way I like.

having dental surgery through the ass is hard too, doesn't mean it's more pleasant... get a ramp, do a proper jump, land it properly, cause it would actually show that you can jump tons of cars and land it
Quote from squidhead :having dental surgery through the ass is hard too, doesn't mean it's more pleasant... get a ramp, do a proper jump, land it properly, cause it would actually show that you can jump tons of cars and land it

Why I can't do a proper jump and land it properly this way? Maybe some day I'll do it
Quote from delis :Why I can't do a proper jump and land it properly this way? Maybe some day I'll do it

cause racing head on into the car is not "jumping" it's "crashing" and "falling uncontrollably" is not "landing properly"?

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG