The online racing simulator
Realistic Racing Series
(3 posts, started )
Realistic Racing Series
I'm looking for people who are interested in running in, as well as, people willing to help with running a new racing series over the summer time. The current plan is to run KY National on Wednesday night in the GT class as a test for the series.
Registration is open to all commers

As the name suggests we will be trying to make this as realistic as possible. This means that there will be safety cars, black flags & you will not be allowed to spectate in the event of a crash (unless you are terminally damaged and the crashing has all ready ceased). If you are damaged to the point of being a hazard but can still run you will be black flagged into the pit lane and asked to make repairs to your car or to retire from the event.

Once I get a list of people interested and a small group (2-3 people) who will be willing to assist with this, I plan on running a test session for the officiating process so that by the time the actual racing begins all of the kinks will be worked out. Here's the current plan:

Races

Length: 50% of a fuel run
Track: Different one each week with Week 1 being KY National (as well as track for test race)
Pit Stop: Required

Yellow Flag/Restart Procedure

"***!!!!!Yellow flag!!!!!***" will be announced over the global chat by either me or one of the other officials.

The use of the global chat will not be allowed under green flag condition, but will be allowed under the yellow flag. The use of it once under the green flag will be a warning with the second one being banishment. The first use of the chat to cause a safety car will be an instant banishment. If this happens the race will be frozen and yellow flagged at the point where the user "posted" the caution flag.

Immediately at the issuing of any caution flag the field will be frozen, and if needed, race reviews will be analyzed for restart positions. There will be a "Lucky Dog" if applicable (first car lap(s) down gets 1 lap back) as well as a "Wave Around" if for some reason this becomes necessary.

Restarts will occur upon the posting of "Green Flag!" via the global chat and at the time being this will be double file, but the test may prove that single file is required.

Dates

Currently I have the first (and hopefully only) test of this system of restarts and caution flags scheduled for next Wednesday (June 2, 2010) at 1 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (17:00 GMT).

After this I hope to have a race once a week at this time if not more if more people are interested in an Oval series and an FXO/RB4 series (road or oval) that could be run on other days and times.

Joining

If you are interested either post a reply or send me a P.M.

This will only be done over the summer and once the final details are known I will update this to include more information.

You are also asked to have a car number for quick reference during the race. This must be on (at least) the roof of the car.

Hopefully, together this will be a successful summer of racing.
I'd suggest you to get more experience with simpler events before trying to held such a league with complex procedures. As you already know, safety cars and this kind of stuff requires a lot of manpower and a lot of dedication. Also, they aren't really needed if you're not sure to get a decent field. You seem to be a bit new out there, so I doubt you'd attract many people since the community don't know if you have the skills to held something like that. Unfortunately, we've had in the past a lot of numpties trying to organise events that never happened in the end, so people gets automatically a bit suspicious when a begginner comes with a new project.

Anyway, if you're willing to stick with that project, I'd advice you to post an official schedule with track and dates ASAP, so people can already figure out if a) they can attend to most of the events and b) they like the combos. I belive this could increase your chances to get a decent amount of sign-ups.
Well, needly to say the series has been canceled as there was 0 inquires about the series. If there is interest in something of the like I will be more the willing to help you out with it.

P.M. me or reply to this thread.

Realistic Racing Series
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG