The online racing simulator
F1 to return to the US in 2012
(85 posts, started )
Proof that new tracks these days can be good, just not when they're made from Tilke.
Here's a pic of the proposed track shape.
Attached images
austin gp.jpg
Aside from the spur that doesn't actually look terrible.
I was thinking the same thing.
Quote from yankman :If tracks designed by Tilke are all that bad, why did they choose him anyway ?

because he great at building facilities for bernie and his billionaire friends to hang out in while they dont watch the race

i think we ought to get kev and hank to design the new track their idead were always brilliant
Quote from shotglass :i think we ought to get kev and hank to design the new track their idead were always brilliant

yes
Whoever designed the LFS track with the giant squid is the man for the job.

It's Hankster isn't it? If so sorry for just repeating all that.
Quote from Mustafur :Indy wasn't a good track for F1, the banks on the oval where not suitable for F1 cars.

WTF? F1 is supposed to be the most technicaly advanced form of motorsport in the world, and they can't handle a little bit of banking? WTF?

Look like Martinsville and Bristol are out of the equasion (to those who posted those)

I guess my Daytona Road Course idea is out of the equasion too
#84 - JCTK
Quote from Cornys :WTF? F1 is supposed to be the most technicaly advanced form of motorsport in the world, and they can't handle a little bit of banking? WTF?

Look like Martinsville and Bristol are out of the equasion (to those who posted those)

I guess my Daytona Road Course idea is out of the equasion too

nah he was just talking rubbish. Aussie always do.

What he was referring to was the high speed blow outs the Michelin tyres were suffering a few years ago, which forced all Michelin cars to pull into the pits and retire without even starting the race. And that only happened because the oval part of the track have been resurfaced, and the track surface was much more abbrassive on the tyres than Michelin estimated.

It wasn't a problem for Bridgestone because they got data from the Indy 500 (they supply tyres to the IRL).

But 24 F1 cars going round Bristol for 400 laps would be brilliant!!
Quote from jctk :
but 24 f1 cars going round bristol for 400 laps would be brilliant!!:d

Yes. Actually, it'd be a smaller Monaco

F1 to return to the US in 2012
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG