The online racing simulator
Names for a social networking site?
(29 posts, closed, started )
Foreword: If such a thread is unacceptable, sorry in advance.

After all the brou-ha-ha surrounding facebook with regards to their recent privacy changes, and with twitter giving all their data to the US Congress, in conjunction with their "promoted tweets" system, I decided that I wanted a new social networking site.

A few months ago, learning some php piqued my interest. So I started coding a fully-PHP invite-only twitter clone. So far it's working pretty good, but it's missing some features, and also needs a code audit.

Anyways, one thing that's been bugging me about the site, is that I couldn't come up with a proper name for it. I've tried searching the internet for name generators, but most of them only use existing names, and the ones that don't were generating crap.

Would anyone be willing to pitch me some names? When the site is ready for launch, I'll make sure to give you some extra invites.
Dont bother... Really dont... Unless its only for you and your friends I would really call this off. Facebook and Twitter have the ground and no matter how much better you website might turn out to be you will never beat them, ever...
"Dicks&C*nts"
F*ckbook.
MyFace.
Face Space
mytwitbooker
Quote :Dont bother... Really dont... Unless its only for you and your friends I would really call this off. Facebook and Twitter have the ground and no matter how much better you website might turn out to be you will never beat them, ever...

So? I've had a look at other clones, and they all have the same problems. Spam, ads, heavy javascript, shitty policies. I don't care how many people use it, it's the methodology that counts.

Quote :F*ckbook.

Already exists in several forms. I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet.

Quote :"Dicks&C*nts"
MyFace.
Face Space

I should have figured that I wouldn't get any reasonable responses here.
F*ckbook?

Facebook of Sex ya
Your Space
community online :P
Connex.

Sounds like Connect but its not.

Also sounds like some crappy business company.
Everybody is goin crazy with collecting postcount here. Hmm ...

How about "Twinker"?
Twatter.
Babble!
Quote from rediske :Babble!

already taken as a parenting website.

i think i'm going to have to come up with some weird crazy word that doesn't look like a moronic jumble of letters.

thanks for trying though.
Wiggle
"Friendface"
boggle, live for networking, friend-switch
I was thinking about setting up a URL shortening service called http://gnat.me/. You can use that name if you want. A Gnat is a small mosquito-like insect. That URL is available and I've deicded that the last thing the world needs is another URL shortening service. I did have fun writing it though.
Quote from DarkTimes :I was thinking about setting up a URL shortening service called http://gnat.me/. You can use that name if you want. A Gnat is a small mosquito-like insect. That URL is available and I've deicded that the last thing the world needs is another URL shortening service. I did have fun writing it though.

looks like the .com is taken.

your URL shortener interests me though. what's it coded in?
This thread is closed

(29 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG