The online racing simulator
lost hard drive
(12 posts, started )
lost hard drive
Hi folks, I had to replace my hard drive and of course lost all my info.
I was wondering if there is a way to recover my skins that I have on LFS World? Is there a way to download them back or do I have to start from scratch? I searched the site but could not find a way to do this. I am hoping that I just missed it and one of you kind people can point me in the right direction. Any help would be great. Thanks
#2 - garph
Then you didn't search very hard.

Go to LFS World > My online car-skins > then where is says Uploaded skins collection there is an option to the right for you to download them.
you can download the skins you have personally uploaded to lfsworld by logging into lfsworld\myonlinecarskins and clicking the download 1024 button, this will then save all your skins in a zip file see pic below

edit : beaten
Attached images
skins.jpg
Thanks, I did see that but was not sure and clicked on the wrong tab deleting one of my skins. So, not wanting to F anymore up I thought I would ask. I am just returning to LFS after a bit of a hiatus, so I am having to re-learn some stuff.
Is it possible to recover the skin I deleted?
#5 - garph
Ah, failed to read the post properly....doh.

..still no tho, sorry.
As far as I know once you click delete it's completely cleared from lfsworld to free up your skin slots
O.k, thanks boys, not a problem, in a way it might work out for the best as now I will have to re-skin the car I deleted. Too bad though, I really liked that skin. (doah!)
#8 - amp88
Quote from Wm. Peddle :O.k, thanks boys, not a problem, in a way it might work out for the best as now I will have to re-skin the car I deleted. Too bad though, I really liked that skin. (doah!)

If the old drive still runs you can connect it up to the machine as a slave drive then run some file recovery utility (e.g. Recuva) to try and get your 'lost' files back.
Quote from amp88 :If the old drive still runs you can connect it up to the machine as a slave drive then run some file recovery utility (e.g. Recuva) to try and get your 'lost' files back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as HDD haven't been wiped clean, you can get skins without recovery utility... Just connect and copy-paste...
Quote from matijapkc :Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as HDD haven't been wiped clean, you can get skins without recovery utility... Just connect and copy-paste...

It depends on how he deleted the skin he was working on (delete to Recycle Bin/delete to Recycle Bin + empty Recycle Bin/delete without Recycle Bin).
Well, u can recover files even from formatted drive. Format never actually deletes the files, it just deletes the paths to the files. And there also comes the fact, not to sell ur HDD since the new owner can easily see "what u did there". Including ur password and all that stuff.
Quote from hazaky :Well, u can recover files even from formatted drive.

Yes, you can usually recover some files from a formatted drive.

Quote from hazaky :Format never actually deletes the files, it just deletes the paths to the files.

False. If you just perform a "quick" format then that's largely true. If you perform a full format then the disk space containing the file data will be overwritten, which makes it more difficult to recover the files and means that some files will be unrecoverable (yes, even with powerful or expensive recovery utilities).

Quote from hazaky :And there also comes the fact, not to sell ur HDD since the new owner can easily see "what u did there". Including ur password and all that stuff.

Well, that depends how and where you store your passwords. Some apps just store a password digest rather than storing a password in plain text. The digest could still be used for authentication in some cases, but a new user would not be able to get your password as a plain string.

lost hard drive
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG