The online racing simulator
Can't load skin bug [not a bug]
(13 posts, started )
This is odd, but if I add a new skin the skins folder like "XFG_Igottafartoopsthatsnotafartnotimembarassed" it will say, can't loads
Name/Skins/XFG_Igottafartoopsthatsnotafartnotimembarassed

HELP PLEASE, I CAN'T UPLOAD MY TEAM SKIN1!!!
#2 - amp88
Quote from Smashysmashy :This is odd, but if I add a new skin the skins folder like "XFG_Igottafartoopsthatsnotafartnotimembarassed" it will say, can't loads
Name/Skins/XFG_Igottafartoopsthatsnotafartnotimembarassed

That's because there's a limit to how long skin filenames can be (I believe it's 15 characters between the "XFG_" and the full stop (period) before the JPG extension. Shorten the name and you'll have no problem loading it locally.

Quote from Smashysmashy :
HELP PLEASE, I CAN'T UPLOAD MY TEAM SKIN1!!!

This is a separate issue. Demo users can't upload skins to LFS World and you're not allowed to ask people to upload them for you. If you want to upload your skin to LFS World (so other users can see it) you'll need to either buy an S1/S2 license or add credit to your account and purchase skin upload slots.
Quote from amp88 :That's because there's a limit to how long skin filenames can be (I believe it's 15 characters between the "XFG_" and the full stop (period) before the JPG extension. Shorten the name and you'll have no problem loading it locally.

This is a separate issue. Demo users can't upload skins to LFS World and you're not allowed to ask people to upload them for you. If you want to upload your skin to LFS World (so other users can see it) you'll need to either buy an S1/S2 license or add credit to your account and purchase skin upload slots.

The name was an example sorry, I know but alot of my skins I jsut use so only I can see them. My team name file is exactly 15 characters long, I'm not sure why it won't convert of to DDs.
Quote from Smashysmashy :The name was an example sorry, I know but alot of my skins I jsut use so only I can see them. My team name file is exactly 15 characters long, I'm not sure why it won't convert of to DDs.

You know that you need to go to car in garage and press "New skin" button?
Quote from matijapkc :You know that you need to go to car in garage and press "New skin" button?

Yeah button in the start when I load it up, at the Main Menu, it says "Cant load data/skins/XFG_example
Quote from Smashysmashy :Yeah button in the start when I load it up, at the Main Menu, it says "Cant load data/skins/XFG_example

Have you tried both .jpg and .jpeg?
This is the skin I couldn't get to load:
Attached images
XFG_FPRSSmashysmashy.jpg
Drop this in your data/skins_dds folder, should be able to load it now as its the skin you posted but converted to dds lol
Attached files
XFG_FPRSSmashysmashy.dds - 512.1 KB - 191 views
Yes, the name is too long (at 16 chars). If only someone suggested that hours ago!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Drop this in your data/skins_dds folder, should be able to load it now as its the skin you posted but converted to dds lol

This didn't work, it comes as a blank skin.
NEVER MIND, it had worked. Thanks for the help

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG