The online racing simulator
Clipping Sound in - game LFS
(4 posts, started )
Hi,

I did a reformat a few weeks back. It started right after installing the game. Whenever I applied throttle (actually whenever the engine was on), all the sounds were clipping (or whatever you call it)... lagging? or some delay between a sound.

I've been running the exact hardware on LFS for 4 months, now, and similar hardware for 2 years now. I do not know what the problem is. The drivers should be the same (if not updated for the GPU [5770[).

One change is that I am running TinyXP opposed to a tweaked nLite XP that I used to run. Would that be a potential problem?

TIA!
You're sure lowering your volume, eq and pre-amp settings for LFS and soundcard output / stereo mix don't have any effect (on the clipping)? If you've ever changed any of the settings in Windows or LFS, they may have defaulted to a higher level than you're used to.
I'm not exactly sure. In any case, I didn't touch any settings after reformat, and CS:S seems to run exactly the same. It's only LFS in - game. On the Welcome Screen and the regular menu music, everything runs absolutely fine.
Quote from GenesisX :I'm not exactly sure. In any case, I didn't touch any settings after reformat, and CS:S seems to run exactly the same. It's only LFS in - game. On the Welcome Screen and the regular menu music, everything runs absolutely fine.

Like you I am a Canadian, the clicking and wheezing , is just our Nosy neighbour to da south, and I will spell honour and Neighbour with a "U"

My best guess, an old placed wire got moved and broke inside, check system cables then go from there.

Go Canadians, Vancouver.

(we're required to type that )

AAnt

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG