The online racing simulator
Could you Change the Lights Colors?
Hey, Lfs Browser

Do any of you guys know how to change the LFS Cars, Light Color like to baby blue green etc...??
Not insim related change the .DDS files.
Lol Which DDs file.. Theres a lot of them.. how should i know which is which?
Quote from elmasfumao :Lol Which DDs file.. Theres a lot of them.. how should i know which is which?

Did you even tried to find the correct one? I doubt so.

Anyway, if i got you correctly, you want to change lights. They are in .dds files which are for interior.
It's a pretty good question, sure it's not programmer related but still. I wonder if this information is avalable on the LFS Wiki.

@Nobody92, I love your avatar, very cool helmet.
lol i found the place i just dont know how to deal with that stuff
#7 - Silox
Quote from Silox :(Is this even allowed? Modding .DDS files?)

yes DDS mods are allowed as its not affecting the game play of others where as VOB mods do
Can you help me code the DDs so i could change the lights color?
You don't need to 'code' the DDS files... they are basically image files, but you need specific software to view/edit them.

Try Paint.NET
Yah, paint.net is a good one, or if you wanna cheat then you can make the file and save it as a jpg, (provided its 512x512 or bigger) in your data/skins folder so its named like its a skin file(xf_mycar.jpg for example) and LFS will convert it to a dds itself, then just find it in your data/skins_dds folder and move it into the data/dds folder.
Don't you need photoshop?
Quote from elmasfumao :Don't you need photoshop?

No. Hell if MS Paint could edit DDS files you could use that.
Any program that can open a DDS file, and allow you to edit it will work.
Can you tell me some programs because one of the ones they told me didnt work.. it said it could not open this file
Would that allow me to edit is like if its a .jpg?
Paint.NET is free and will handle this, plus all your photo editing needs.
i downloaded that and it said cannot read this file..... Can i have your msn DarkTimes?? Dygear i added you on msn accept :P
Quote from elmasfumao :i downloaded that and it said cannot read this file.....

Then you're doing something wrong.
Idk does anybody knows hot to do it with photoshop.. or has the link to download the Photoshop needed for this>?
Photoshop costs ... $999 for the full version.
i just want a link with a trial
Since the CS5 is 'out', without being 'online', it's quite hard to find a working link for the trial version of CS4. I found one and I'll search again but I can't garantuee you I'll find one.
No problem ima start looking for a CS2 :P
paint.net can load dds files, fact.

Heres the proof...

All i can think of is that you have somehow downloaded an older crpapy version that cant handle dds files, so heres the most current version download for paint.net

http://www.dotpdn.com/files/Paint.NET.3.5.5.Install.zip

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG