The online racing simulator
best .dds files
(16 posts, started )
best .dds files
hey all, im sorry to create a noob thread like this, but after searching for a new interior for my xrt, or xr in general, i found myself not being able to find anything good...or anything that works.

so what are the file that you are using, and that you are happy with and that work.

also it seems that i cant get my steering wheel texture to change.
Have you tried editing your own dds files?

I mean, you could use all dds avaiable for all cars from this forum and combine them to fit your own taste.

That is what i have done and believe me its very easy. Its the same as editing you skins. I didnt know anything about it till 3 days ago and i started editing and was very very easy.

That way you could edit all your dds files. That will include a lot of object in the tracks that can be changed. Adds, signs, Team trucks, ligts, dashboards, etc etc. Do you want your "real life" car CD player on the XRT???. No problem. Take a good picture of it a paste it on the dds file. Do you want the FZ5 leather on the XRG?. No problem. Just look for that texture and paste it. Very simple.

Download a dds editor, i downloaded Paint.net cause somebody here recommended it and start opening your dds files.

that way LFS will look exactly as you wish.

cheers

Edit : To correct grammar
routekaster~ i dont really feel like editing my own, id rather just the stock over what i have (nothing) and i dont even have the proper files to actually edit

nikopdr~ i got my current textures off links there, and they dont work at all

what textures do you guys use? if they are public can you please share, mainly for the xr cars
If your XR addons don't work, you've either installed out dated ones (from before the interiors were changed) or you didn't install them properly.
#7 - macsy
i installed them right as i had tomba's before, but you cant see the headlights, directionals, and other things that i want, and the lighting of lfs makes the line around the guages go away and thats not fun.

i want to be able to see my steering wheel again aswell, thats why i mainly started looking.
i figured out the steering wheel i installed is for some cars only, and im fine with that.
also the interior is messed up so thats what i really need.

as for the link to his textures that guy gave me, i will check those out

thanks guys
love those .dds files roadrash, thanks...but now all i need, or want is the file for either stock, or some nice file for the gauges.

my gauges are not really compatable with the patch
No prob, man. hmmm...i know I recently saw some gauges somewhere...I'll have a look around the forum and tell you if I can remember where I saw them

EDIT: Found them...haven't looked at them myself but the preview looks good linky:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 1872&highlight=gauges

EDIT 2: I just realized that the link was to one already posted...If you want, I can post my stock gauges
that would be great
-
(logitekg25) DELETED by logitekg25
tried them, still no lights...after i tried installing my edited ones though...my edited ones dont even have gauges? like wtf?!

how can i fix my own cause i like them kinda.
back with my problems again

i backed up my .dds folder so i have working textures, but the way i have LFS to look right now, the dashboard in the XRT and the RB4 are waayy too dark. anyone have some not-so-dark textures for the interior i can have?

any time i try to install any textures the door panels are gray, so i need some textures that are after the update.

EDIT: i got those .dds problems squared away with the stock files, but now sounds. i can not find the proper files to do a good skid sound.

attached i have the 4 that i have been tinkering with trying to get it to sound the best, but no avail.
Attached files
skid sounds.zip - 908.9 KB - 230 views
Quote from logitekg25 :back with my problems again

i backed up my .dds folder so i have working textures, but the way i have LFS to look right now, the dashboard in the XRT and the RB4 are waayy too dark. anyone have some not-so-dark textures for the interior i can have?

any time i try to install any textures the door panels are gray, so i need some textures that are after the update.

EDIT: i got those .dds problems squared away with the stock files, but now sounds. i can not find the proper files to do a good skid sound.

attached i have the 4 that i have been tinkering with trying to get it to sound the best, but no avail.

These are the sounds that i use, they come from a high-res soundpack ^^ i cant really remember where i got them, but its somewhere here on the forum..

good luck mate
Attached files
sound.rar - 1.4 MB - 258 views
those are two of the ones i had, but im not sure what sound is more realistic...i feel like if i put 2 different sets of skidroadheavymajor/minor in there then it would be better, but it doesnt seem right

best .dds files
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG