The online racing simulator
Some improvements...
(17 posts, started )
Some improvements...
I don't know have this alredy been here, but I'll still write it.

First, something not so important, but affects reality...
-When you turn your car off/it dies, all the gauges should go to 0, but they don't, even the temperature gauge stays on the middle...

Second, something about pitting.
-All tyres should be changed at the same time, so it would be faster and fuel should be added while changing tyres or repairing damage, so it would take much less time for a pit stop...

I think that there was one more thing that I can't remember right now, but if I do, I'll write it here.
You have right idea about gauges, but temperature is not applied in LFS, yet (it is not programmed, yet - may be will in future)
Correct me if I'm wrong but this should also affect the TC and ABS (?).
Quote from Flame CZE :Correct me if I'm wrong but this should also affect the TC and ABS (?).

Why?
I thought TC was electronical. So if you turn the engine off, the electronic systems should turn off too.
Quote from Flame CZE :I thought TC was electronical. So if you turn the engine off, the electronic systems should turn off too.

Yes. But I'm saying only for the gauges that don't fall down on 0, they stay up...

I remembered the third one...
-You should need to turn off the car to refuel.

EDIT: But you are right... When the car is off, you couldn't be able to brake 'cos ABS doesn't work when the car is off.
Quote from matijapkc :Yes. But I'm saying only for the gauges that don't fall down on 0, they stay up...

I remembered the third one...
-You should need to turn off the car to refuel.

EDIT: But you are right... When the car is off, you couldn't be able to brake 'cos ABS doesn't work when the car is off.

Won't be able to brake? Weird... I once turned off the engine while I was stopping, cause I was in kind of a rush. It just nailed the car right there. If it wasn't the seat belt I would've probably banged my head in the wheel.

In simple words - Turning off your car doesn't (turn off? disable?) the brakes. But the ABS does(ABS = Anti Block System iirc). The brakes themselves should never be disabled - Or if they are, then you've got a serious problem (unless you have a spare car, and haven't found out that the brakes are not working while you're moving... well... turning off the engine and switching to lower gears till u stop is also a solution, but it'll be better if you never have to experience it).

And, yes, imo TC should be an electronical system too. I'm not a pro or a person who knows these stuff or anything, but that's just where plain logic leads me.
Flame is right about TC and ABS. Even sequentional gearboxes should not be able to change gears as these systems definitely need electric power to work. ABS and TC need the control unit to be running, sequentional gearbox require hydraulic pressure which means there has to be a pump running to pressurize it.

On the other hand, analog gauges' function is based upon pretty simple techniques that use mechanical and electromagnetical principles rather than some computerized system. Particularly in older cars the speedo and fuel gauge work with the ignition switched off. I can tell you that from my own experience.
If you turn your engine off, then I don't think wheelspin (and hence TC) will be very likely...

Plenty of vehicles use mechanical sequential gearboxes (e.g. motorbikes, cars with bike engines/gearboxes, F3 cars...)
Quote from tristancliffe :If you turn your engine off, then I don't think wheelspin (and hence TC) will be very likely...

Well, if you do that in FZ5... turn the engine off, steer quickly and here we go
Quote from Flame CZE :Well, if you do that in FZ5... turn the engine off, steer quickly and here we go

Traction control prevents only wheelspins, not sliding back, stability control fights the sliding back or similar problems
Quote from iFastLT :Traction control prevents only wheelspins, not sliding back, stability control fights the sliding back or similar problems

In LFS these 2 systems are not yet separate. I think that TC does it all atm. But I might be wrong ofc, haven't experimented that much.

And on the other hand: Stability control should, following simple logic, be an electronical system too => should be off if the engine is off too.
Sorry, my mistake :P I meant try to do a powerslide...
Quote from broken :In LFS these 2 systems are not yet separate. I think that TC does it all atm.

There is no stability control in LFS at all
Quote from MadCatX :On the other hand, analog gauges' function is based upon pretty simple techniques that use mechanical and electromagnetical principles rather than some computerized system. Particularly in older cars the speedo and fuel gauge work with the ignition switched off. I can tell you that from my own experience.

I don't know how old/new that car is.
As much as I remember, all the cars my dad had were droping all the gauges to 0... These cars are: Renault 4 (beast), Opel Corsa, Citroën BX, FIAT Punto, Citroën Xsara. He had some more cars like ZASTAVA's, but I wasn't born at that time.
And I can be sure that his momental car does that too. It's Citroën C4 with digital gauges.
FFB should go way up and more braking force should be needed when the engine is off as you lose power-steering and braking.

Some improvements...
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG