The online racing simulator
2010 Kyoto 500: Rules
You may find the rules at the NDR Website.

Please pay close attention to the Entry Requirements, Skin Requirements, Qualifying and Safety Car procedures.

Remember that the NDR sporting code is also in force here
Sporting code questions
Glad to see rules, but have a question concerning XIII.Oval Racing #4 & 7.
a) Does "Low-lining" mean blocking lane 1 constantly? Never heard it before, so please clarify if not.
b) Last part #7 says 1 block. But I can race in lane 1 for the last 10% according to #4?

And qual procedure: We can wave off in lap 2 of what the game says, or our "hot lap 2" (lap 4 of what game says)?
Quote from imaquad :Glad to see rules, but have a question concerning XIII.Oval Racing #4 & 7.
a) Does "Low-lining" mean blocking lane 1 constantly? Never heard it before, so please clarify if not.
b) Last part #7 says 1 block. But I can race in lane 1 for the last 10% according to #4?

And qual procedure: We can wave off in lap 2 of what the game says, or our "hot lap 2" (lap 4 of what game says)?

a) low lining means running any low line around the track. Essentially, by our rules, you are not exactly prohibited from taking whatever line you want whenever you want, but running a low line all race is of course silly, but not directly penalizable. Basicaly you're in this race to RACE, not worry about drafting to the fastest laptimes, and that's how any oval race we run will ever be conducted. The sporting code section is there to give us some basis to make judgements on what is safe and not safe, and used to give the racers the barometer.

b)1 block means one move per section of track to stop someone overtaking. Holding a lane is not a block. It's holding a lane. A block is when you change lanes to try to stop someone getting around you.

c) You can wave off at any time you want. If you wave off before split 1 of the 4th lap on LFS (which is the 1st split of 2nd officially timed lap) the attempt won't be charged. If you wave off after that, the attempt is charged.

No matter what, however, when you start your first timed lap, your old time goes away never to come back.
OK, Thx
Another qual question. Can we tire warm (donuts) in pitlane?
Quote from imaquad :Another qual question. Can we tire warm (donuts) in pitlane?

No. No tyre warming permitted, excepting for ONE minor burnout (ie what you'd get naturally accelerating out of the garage) and what you'd get by driving round the track.
maybe i havnt seen in the rules but can we shift+p in qual ?
Quote from ElonB13 :maybe i havnt seen in the rules but can we shift+p in qual ?

Only if you want to forefit your attempt. There is only 1 car on track at a time in this qualifying.

d
ok thx
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but is there a schedule for the practice sessions yet?
#13 - CSF
Not yet. Most of the ones during the british time will be run by me I guess, expect it soonish.
Re: Skins / Groupings

Now there are at least 7 Fragmaster entries and it is my job to deal with the skins can I confirm that the following is correct as I understand it.

Assuming the number of entries does not go above 10.

We need to split up into 2 groups, do they need different names?

Because we use team skins rather than individual driver preferences:

Group 1 will have identical skins apart from name/number/end plates
Group 2 will have identical skins (but different from group 1) apart from name/number/end plates

As a side note and purely out of curiosity, what brought about the decision to use groups in this way. I don't know how many members from different teams have already signed up, CoRe usually enter a few drivers, but it would be a shame if there was a team with 6... one member of a team in that situation is going to be an odd one out.
Quote from SmegFirk :Re: Skins / Groupings

Now there are at least 7 Fragmaster entries and it is my job to deal with the skins can I confirm that the following is correct as I understand it.

Assuming the number of entries does not go above 10.

We need to split up into 2 groups, do they need different names?

Because we use team skins rather than individual driver preferences:

Group 1 will have identical skins apart from name/number/end plates
Group 2 will have identical skins (but different from group 1) apart from name/number/end plates

As a side note and purely out of curiosity, what brought about the decision to use groups in this way. I don't know how many members from different teams have already signed up, CoRe usually enter a few drivers, but it would be a shame if there was a team with 6... one member of a team in that situation is going to be an odd one out.

It's partly an extension of the LFSCART rule, and just to keep from having so many skins of the same exact design elements which could cause confusion for some. It's mostly in place by me here to try ahd keep any LFSCART team entries that try to enter close to the LFSCART team size, instead of them stacking it to one team of theirs.

You don't have to do 5 and 5, you could do pairings, or trios, how you split is up to you. The team names can be simple different such as "Fragmaster Blue" or "Fragmaster Orange" but in all reality, they'd probably be referred to as "Fragmaster" for short on the broadcast.

And actually, Brandon for instance did "FM Fragmaster" instead of just "Fragmaster" That's something else you could use.
Here's a rules summary for those who have yet to read the rules ahead of session 1. You have 5 weeks until the race, so there's no excuse for not reading them.
  • Combo: FO8 on R2s only, at KY1. Race length is 268 + 2 formation laps - this will take a couple of hours, or even more if you crash and causes SCs.
  • Signups: 30 spaces available, go check out http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67707
  • Skins: see http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67709
  • Practice sessions will take place in the weeks before the race. If you are involved in avoidable incidents, fail to follow the rules or DNF, you will not be given credit for that session.
  • Qualifying: for Practice sesssions an automated system will call out your name for a 1 outlap, 2 hotlap and 1 inlap run.
  • Race start: 3-wide rolling start behind the XRR Safety Car, sort into 3-wide after Turn 1 and no tyre warming on lap 2. Hold SC speed until Green Flag - but no Green Flag means it has been waved-off!
  • Pit lane ENTRY will close when the SC is deployed. Pitting while the pit lane is closed = end of line penalty on restart. Under Green, enter the pit lane BEFORE TURN 3. Under the Safety Car, enter the pit lane AFTER TURN 3 - use the apron ONLY IF DAMAGED, but DO NOT OVERTAKE THE SC OR OTHER CARS.
  • Safety Car: Slow down, no overtaking. SC speed is 130kph/80mph. Pit lane EXIT will close when the SC queue is passing. If the SC is going to use the pit lane, we will tell you, so read the chat. If there's an SC on the final lap, that's it, race over.
  • Restarts: The SC will pull off to the left at the PIT EXIT when it gets the restart signal. The leader MUST hold SC speed for the lap, until the GREEN CONES BEFORE TURN 3, and can go any time after that. NO OVERTAKING BEFORE THE START/FINISH LINE.
  • Red Flag: Slow and stop at start/finish. NO CHAT. If you are in the pit lane, you can make a pitstop. If you need to pit, it'll cost you a SG or 1 lap penalty.
  • Protests: Please submit protests of stuff from the race/practice sessions.
  • Server Failure: Just STFU and wait for instructions.
  • Communication: Be in the NDR vent - ventrilo://denmark.ventriloservers.biz:3828/servername=New%20Dimension%20Racing and don't chat or block messages in game.
  • Name should be: 00 H. Sandwich - number in white, name in any colours. Numberplate blank or team tag/name.
NDR oval rules can be summarised as the following: DON'T BE AN IDIOT
Rules updated just now. Updates are (some are from when I meant to do this a couple weeks ago :P)

- Update of LFSCART Auto Entry procedure.
- LFSCART Team and Owner Championship scoring clarified.
- LFSCART Team additional car numbering clarified.
- Added penalties for failure to run correct skins.
- Changed Pole Day and Bump Day start times to 15:00 UTC (from 14:00 UTC)
- Added how to wave off an attempt in official qualifying.
- Changed failure to enter pitlane on qualifying run penalty, to addition of 0.02 seconds to the final lap time of that run.
- Tyre warming is now forbidden on the pace laps.
- Inlap speed limit set.
- Regulated SC speed changed to match real SC speed of 140 kph / 87 mph
- Procedures for how the inlap will work if the SC leads the field to the chequered flag.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG