The online racing simulator
Good In-Ear Headphones for Ipod?
(34 posts, started )
I'm using Skull Candy Ink'd headphones, good bass and sound quality on them, pretty cheap too.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
eh not really, I've had mine a few months, I don't tend to "rag" them though, as one of my ears isn't up to loud music anymore.
-
Quote from brandons48 :Saw them on Play.com - Same price as SkullCandy's.

I think I might have to go for the SkullCandy ones.... But which colour?

My experience with these arent as good, they only lasted a month before the left one failed and then the right one as well.

Then again I do listen to music for 50% of the day
Cheap headphones are alright if you don't have any experience with headphones that are actually good.

Jays make a really good range of headphones, all of them are good and not all of them are expensive.
#7 - TiJay
#8 - dadge
There's always the Monster Beats, but at £100+ they ain't cheap!

sennheiser always get good reviews and since the price drops are as cheap as a lot of cheap and nasty stuff
I've had a couple of pairs of Skullcandy's now, and they broke within a month. I didn't rag them about, they broke at the jack point...can only assume when they were in my pocket the continuous movement broke the connection.

I have however had a pair of Sennheiser CX-300 IIs for going over 3 months now and the wire is better made, as is the jack...as it goes in an L shape but the wire leaving it is quite loose so it can freely move. It obviously works better than the Skullcandys and they sound much better through all the ranges too. They aren't as bassy but you can hear more ranges through the bass, so good compremise in my opinion.

I'd go for the Sennheiser CX-500s as linked for £15, they should be around £50. I got my CX-300s from play.com for £17, in HMV they were £40, bargain.
Quote from spacedskunk :I have however had a pair of Sennheiser CX-300 IIs for going over 3 months now and the wire is better made, as is the jack...as it goes in an L shape but the wire leaving it is quite loose so it can freely move.

This has happened to my Sennheiser headphones after about 6 months, but I do use them every day.. and night
Attached images
_MG_4211.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :This has happened to my Sennheiser headphones after about 6 months, but I do use them every day.. and night

haha how did you manage that! Well unless it's broken the wire that looks fixable sort of?

Beleive me if you had skullcandys you'd be on your fourth pair at least by now so 6 months solid use I'd consider very good.
what about going for a pair of noise cancelling earphones? i got a set of philips and they rocked until i broke them (wrapping them up too tight). when using them in planes, the only thing i was hearing was my teeth chattering on the landing lol.
The actual wire is fine.. it's just that the cover has come off and keeps sliding half way down the wire... which is annoying :irked:

I could just cut the cover off I suppose
or glue it back.
EDIT: with rubber solution (puncture kit) rather than super glue which might melt the softer plastic.
EDIT2: or modelling glue.
If I were you I'd buy the Creative EP-630 or 830. Great sound for a good price
http://www.play.com/Electronic ... g-Headphones/Product.html

Im currently using these with a sansa clip+ and it realy is realy nice, quite a unique sound signature but relay nice.

Id recomend checking sites such as head-fi for tihngs like this, much better.

edit: Im going to say now, if you're going purely for sound quality, please dont buy skullcandys, I beg you.
-
Jimaxx: Ultimate Ears for that price? Count me in! Would you say the sound lives up to the name?
I got a pair of Sennheiser MX560, really good, clear sound.
Quote from TiJay :Jimaxx: Ultimate Ears for that price? Count me in! Would you say the sound lives up to the name?

edit: One thing is I found the fitting size a bit awkard at first, the smallest bud was a slightly dodgey size for my ear, and I actully got a headache my first day of using them, it doesnt seem to bother me now though.

Well I was basicly looking for some decent Iem's instead of using my hd595's away from home, so I just looked at some reviews and tried to find out what I could get around in the uk.

The price play do them seems EXTREMELY cheap compared to what ive seen on head-fi, and I would say its worth it, but I dont have experience with other decent iem's, ive only used my hd595's, cheap iems+ these.

The sound signature seems quite unique, and they have alot more clarity than I expected for some (sort of cheapish) iems, and imo they do sound great.

I'd say its probably worth it...they seem easily worth it from what I've heard in them, but I have nothing to compare them to than HD595's and cheap iems such as sony ericson ones

I'd also like to say that I heard quite a big difference when I switched from my w850i (phone) to my Sansa clip+ for music with these.

...I've sort of blabbed on about nothing there but couldnt realy describe how I feel about them, they sound extremely nice, and I think the mid is alot more backed off than the cheap iems (either that or its a placebo since the bass and high is there). The bass is very tight all though depending what your listening through you may need to equalize it down a bit (I found this in certain soundcards in the college computers, but it might just be my hearing), and the highs are quite prominent and clear, I dont realy hear any distortion aslong as I'm listening to a decent quality mp3 // flac.

NOW IM BLABBING ON AGAIN.

Basicly I'd say its worth it, but have id say have a look on other sites to find out? I'm pritty sure head-fi are a fan of these, and theres a massive like post with reviews on 50+ iems so you can compare them.

Cheers , Jim.

TL;DR

go to head-fi, have a look, imo worth it completely.
I needed a replacement recently and was watching for some options too. I got paid yesterday though so it was time to act.

The wire on my Koss earphones was worn at the jack and at the junction point for the left and right speakers. I loved the around the neck style cord, but that was it's flaw. That junction was very weak.

I've had great luck with Skull Candy's Smokin' Buds before. The wire broke at the "guide" I guess you could call it coming out of the right speaker and eventually broke the wire too.

The speaker housing for my Koss earphones were great, no damage at all from my rough use, and they didn't hurt at all when I slept playing music as I usually have the side of my face on the pillow.

I decided to get the Skull Candy Ink'd earphones to hold me over till I could get a higher end pair, but I'm so impressed with the comfort and sound clarity and loudness that I'll just hold on to these till they break.

Louder, clearer sound with more bass as compared to the more expensive Koss pair that I had and at a lower price.

Now if only I could get my phone's 3.5mm jack to stop crackling with slight movement...
I found the skullcandys too bassy, the difference between more expensive headphones I find is usually less bass and more taught meds and highs.

Although not in-ear I would look no further than the Grado iGrado, apparently amazing neutral sound and I'm guessing quite fair priced, especially in the US.
+1 for Sennheiser

I just bought Sennheiser CX350 in ear headphones.

I had normal Ipod headphones, then Sennheiser MX550 before, but these CX350s are so much better. I think mostly because they come with rubber-fittings with give a better fit in your ear. I was most impressed by the increase in bass levels, from such small headphones!
Shure SE530, or those from Bose, I have some pair of those too, they are VERY comfy, have a nice little leather boxy thing to put them, and the sound is amazing. (And no, not a fanboy.)

Good In-Ear Headphones for Ipod?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG