The online racing simulator
Those officials
(14 posts, started )
Those officials
U know the officials on the side of the track. I want them to wave flags. This is 'cause i like to race without any display and i still wanna see flags.
+1 But is it really that important?
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :+1 But is it really that important?

yes if u press space+shift+f it is needed.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
nK pro has a really nice flag system. although it's not really a person waving the flag, it looks great while driving.
you can easily spot the flag from everywhere, unlike GTR e.g.
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :+1 But is it really that important?

Yes, its very important for me. I dont like driving with HUD, with names upon cars etc.. It spoils impression of reality. I vote for single onboard computers showing lap and times too.
Quote from Rappa Z :yes if u press space+shift+f it is needed.

what does happen when you press space+shift+f? the same which happens if you press shift+f?
#7 - ajp71
I found that the nK system actually looked better than the GPL version where you saw the whole marshall. Even a 2D GPL style marshall would get the job done though.
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Yes, its very important for me. I dont like driving with HUD, with names upon cars etc.. It spoils impression of reality. I vote for single onboard computers showing lap and times too.

Im adding to your vote.
Pitboard?
Then how about a pitboard?

So the distance in seconds between you and the person in front and behind you is displayed...

And nog a pitboard on the side of the screen or so, but really at the side of the pitwall...
Quote from Rappa Z :U know the officials on the side of the track. I want them to wave flags. This is 'cause i like to race without any display and i still wanna see flags.

i dont see any officials at those areas of the track...but that is a good idea to throw at the devs
+1 for the waving flags officials, and why not flags that do serve their purposes, ex no passing under yellow flag, penalties if you dont pull under blue flag, (but there is an issue with the blue flag, its not displaid at the right moment, for some reason its out as soon as someone is close behind you, whereas it should be displaid when the racer behind you is overlapping you only.), also red and black flag, and that means a pace car too for the red flag.
i dont know for pitboards, do you think you could be able to seem them? i dont think so, radio should be better for giving informations, ex press the "1" key and you have your lap time, "2" for the seconds between you and front /rear driver; "3" tires informations, "4" damages, "5" fuel info; ...
what do you think?
this would be great in the real race cars (GTRS formulas) but quite akward in all the other raod cars. :-/
and plus what voice to use? as far as im concerned i want my pit crew chief to be a hot liestening woman ;-))
Quote from BuddY ChRisT :i dont know for pitboards, do you think you could be able to seem them?

GPL had/has a fantastic graphical trick for making pitboards useful. When you were a few hundred metres away from your pitboard guy, an artificially zoomed-in version of the pitboard would appear on the side of the screen. This allowed you to read the information easily. As your car got closer to the pitboard guy, the image would "zoom out" to give a smooth transition between the "HUD" pitboard and the real-sized pitboard in the guy's hands. I always thought it was a clever way to simulate the higher graphical resolution of real life.

Surely LFS could borrow this technique without Dave Kaemmer letting slip the patent attorneys of war?
Quote from BuddY ChRisT :+1 for the waving flags officials, and why not flags that do serve their purposes, ex no passing under yellow flag, penalties if you dont pull under blue flag, (but there is an issue with the blue flag, its not displaid at the right moment, for some reason its out as soon as someone is close behind you, whereas it should be displaid when the racer behind you is overlapping you only.), also red and black flag, and that means a pace car too for the red flag.
i dont know for pitboards, do you think you could be able to seem them? i dont think so, radio should be better for giving informations, ex press the "1" key and you have your lap time, "2" for the seconds between you and front /rear driver; "3" tires informations, "4" damages, "5" fuel info; ...
what do you think?
this would be great in the real race cars (GTRS formulas) but quite akward in all the other raod cars. :-/
and plus what voice to use? as far as im concerned i want my pit crew chief to be a hot liestening woman ;-))

run this image through your head...A Pace Car styled skin on any Road car you choose flashy enough...runnin your hazards and flickin the head light buttons for one or two laps (i think thats how they do it in a real race)...you pull off into the pits and the BF1s ROAR AND THE RACE IS ON!!!! (hazard lights..flickering headlights ceased once youre in the pits)
Quote from inCogNito :nK pro has a really nice flag system. although it's not really a person waving the flag, it looks great while driving. ..

absolutly right!

Those officials
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG