The online racing simulator
Anyone here using a mechanical (clicky)computer keyboard? Recommendations?
Like the thread title says.

I just recently got the chance to use an old IBM Model M and I have to say that the experience of typing on that old keyboard was excellent, much better than your usual rubber dome keyboard.

So the question is: Does anyone use a mechanical keyboard, and is there anything below $50 that you could recommend besides "go find a good condition Model M"? I don't particularly care for the layout of the keyboard, as long as it's in English.

If you are reading this and wondering wtf is a mechanical keyboard google is your friend.

On an rather off-topic, unrelated note, it's and its rules make my brain turn upside down, no matter how many English memos I have on my desk.
I had a roommate in college with the loudest keyboard and the heaviest, loudest typing style I've ever heard. It was like a firecracker going off every time he hit the spacebar. His keyboard was probably something similar.
Actually, I type with one of these from time to time, and, maybe it's just this particular keyboard, but I find the keys too heavy to be pressed at a convenient rate. Possibly the keyboard is just too old and stick, though. Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with newer keyboards. what really makes the difference to me is the shape and layout of the keys, not how they are built themselves.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG