The online racing simulator
Worlds biggest record collection...
(9 posts, started )
Wow, thats alot. If i had the money, i wouldnt mind helping him.
It's the iPood generation, the ones who call earplugs headphones, the ones who prefer(!) mp3 over uncompressed wave.

Luckily I was raised around vinyl, was taught what a good headphone or a good set of speakers sounds like and how to listen to music. Of course, nowadays nobody listens to music anymore, me included. Very rarely do I ever just sit back and listen.
I do still listen to music actually (beside in the car). I have a turntable in my living room and if i'm not making music myself, or am watching a movie, etc... i play/listen to my records. Nothing comes even close to the sound of vinyl IMO.

I'd buy that collection without thinking twice... if i had the money and a place to store it.
@ morpha

interesting article. I'm wondering, I grew up listening to tapes and self recorded radio stuff, does that mean I have to like its quality?

Deep Purple, Sweet Child In Time, wet played vinyl, 2 big speakers :lovies3d:
Quote from ACCAkut :@ morpha

interesting article. I'm wondering, I grew up listening to tapes and self recorded radio stuff, does that mean I have to like its quality?

I'm not sure, personally I get bored with repetition quite quickly, even the most brilliant pieces of music bore the pants off me after a while. A change in quality can shift your attention to previously inaudible elements, so it's potentially less boring than the version you're used to.

I've recently started listening to the whole HVSC #52 (everything, include subtracks, 1m20s per track) in surround sound... it's vastly different from the original, mono SID experience on the (unmodified) C64. SIDs are definitely a lot easier to preserve, duplicate, distribute and play though, than vinyl that is
#7 - JJ72
Wouldn't it sell much better if he divide it up?
then it wouldnt be the worlds biggest record collection...
I think his target is to keep it all together.
He has more or less a database of some sort, instead of breaking that apart, it's possible to maybe even fill it up.
I think you could make a LOT of money by digitalising all this.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG