The online racing simulator
Possible to use this xbox wheel?
(9 posts, started )
Hi,

Why writing a long story for an simple question?

"Is it possible to use the Wireless racing wheel from the Xbox 360 with an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver and play live for speed?"

Someone who uses this setup?

And a small question:
I thougt i used a digital speed-o-meter about 1 year ago, now i cant find it anymore! Did they delete this option in the XFG?
If it works with the PC, so windows sees the axis etc, it should work.

About the digital speedometer, they removed that from the road cares to make it more realistic, also the gear indicator light.
Quote from QuiCk01 :
And a small question:
I thougt i used a digital speed-o-meter about 1 year ago, now i cant find it anymore! Did they delete this option in the XFG?

Use LFSTweak and change the vehicle type to GTR (cant remember the integer value) but that will give you a digital speedometer and slick tyres options
My friend had played LFS with his Xbox 360 Racing Wheel. He said to play it on PC you need an adapter or something.
Quote from FireMike15 :My friend had played LFS with his Xbox 360 Racing Wheel. He said to play it on PC you need an adapter or something.

Oke nice, thats what i wanted to know. Till now i didn't heard about any1 who had this wheel working with lfs so i was a bit sceptic.

I'll just buy a wireless reciever and just try it.

Thanks all!
No Problem at all. But he said its not the best one to play with it. I dont know why, he told me so.
Be warned that the force feedback does NOT work on the PC.
Quote from MadCat360 :Be warned that the force feedback does NOT work on the PC.

Why not? If ive got the power adapter in the plug?
Its not working on batteries, i knew that but aint it work with the adapter also?
Quote from QuiCk01 :Why not? If ive got the power adapter in the plug?
Its not working on batteries, i knew that but aint it work with the adapter also?

No matter what I tried, it just wouldn't work. The Xbox uses a different language to send force feedback info (the rumble on the controller doesn't work either). The Fanatec Turbo S for instance actually has 2 brains, one for PC/PS3 input and one for Xbox input.

So it's just not technically possible to have force feedback on the PC with the official Microsoft wheel. The only one that works for both Xbox and PC with force feedback is the Fanatec Turbo S (which is not turning out to be the most reliable wheel ever).

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG